• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

775 Reno-Sparks Area

I'm building my truck out there but won't be in the 775 until April... parts still trickling in. Pretty jealous you can just drive out your back yard and immediately be in some serious crawling and terrain

Oh man, I am glad your here. I was tried to send you a message on the other forum before you deleted your account. The moderators over there take their jobs waaaaay to serious.

its a fkn circle jerk over there. They banned me and then linked me to the "rules" I broke and I couldn't read them because well, they banned me! I got your number for the wheels and tires tho so I'll keep you posted. We just picked up the suspension and I still gotta order my methods.

oh shoot sorry for the misunderstanding!

This seems like a safer space :D Not sure how many other folks from Reno are on this board yet but I'll ping you when I get out there. Going to do a shakedown run offroad with another tacoma, 4runner and a jeep I think so I can test all the new gear when I get out there. Will keep you posted in case you wanna meet up

Ok, so I got banned from the other tacoma site for stating that I didnt like someone.

Forum mods really must have no life or had their lunches taken from them throughout their school years.

Particularly JBERRY and that MTGIRL or whatever her name is.

Bro, I am banned until the 21st for posting that tool chest I have for sale in the Reno BS thread. I'll never go back.

Glad I found Tacoma3G.

Its been like 4 hours and Im still heated about it. I hate being accused of doing something I didnt do.

Its been like 4 hours and Im still heated about it. I hate being accused of doing something I didnt do.

I know the feeling man. That entire domain belongs in Communist China.

So based on their perception of “bullshit”, our “bullshit” did not qualify as “bullshit” and therefore did not belong in a thread created specifically for “bullshit”? And then levy for some ungodly reason - a ban without notice, warning, nor guidance when one fails to meet their subjective view of “bullshit”. Unreal.

I get it, it’s their forum and if they want it to suck they have every right. I’m proud of them for doing such a good job at sucking. I’ll leave them to bury the 1st Amendment and finger-fuck the 8th because that egg will cook itself in the long run.

The problem is there is no burden of proof there. Whatever they say goes, and if they misinterpret what you say because they are too stupid to figure it out on their own, then you are fucked. I went on and on when you got banned, and tried to bait a mod into saying something stupid to me, but nothing happened. Then, I said I didnt like someone and it got blown up into a bunch of shit it didnt need to be. There were other members who agreed with the fact they were not understanding what I said.
JBERRY lives up at the lake somewhere so hes sort of local, which is depressing due to the fact that I would like to think nobody around here is as stupid as he is, but dammit, Im wrong.

They literally banned my IP lol so the site will not load from home for me which is a blessing and exactly what I wanted to accomplish. That place is a nightmare. They love hate they feed on it it seems.

I wasn't there longer than a week, but I noticed they propagate a culture that is very toxic, disrespectful and overbearing. That culture over time has negatively impacted the quality of information that is given. Over the last 15 years I have been pretty involved on different car forums from FerrariChat to moderating on a Subaru forum; It is definitely a plight specific to TacomaWorld.

It became apparent when I saw people hating on Pro owners for spending the money on a Pro and not taking it straight to Moab, or getting a Pro and gutting the suspension, or not getting an OR instead. Like, who honestly gives a shit? Some people can "ball out" if you want to call it that, some people have to have all the bells and whistles, or some people got a screaming deal, but if you care then you're already wrong. I for one, will likely not take my Pro over anything I couldn't get through in a fuckin' crossover. Would I dare mention that on TW? Absolutely not. Because most of those twats can't comprehend that people will buy shit because they want it - not because they need it.

And god help you if you are on TW and have a spacer lift.

I don't understand people with inferiority complex. It often happens with power hungry mods on internet forums, so it's nothing new, but damn JBerry whoever is cringey. Somehow, I'm not banned, and I'm pretty sure they know who I am, so I'm shocked.

The other thing I don't understand is people who need to let you know how badass they are because they have more experience than you or they have a super $5,000 lift and you want a budget spacer lift. It's actually not hard to give someone proper advice and stay humble at the same time. But I guess they don't realize that over there.

I usually only post a photo of my truck a few times a month to discreetly advertise the links I have in my signature over there. I'm sure there are thousands of "newbies" there that want to learn, but instead get trolled, and don't even know about T3G. I'm not saying we are soft here, but we just don't bother with the bullshit. Let's just talk truck stuff, who cares who is better...

I’m putting a big fat link to this forum when my shit comes off of ban, I don’t know how long I will be off ban before I get permabanned. I still have some shit to say to all the mods over there. I don’t like being accused of something I’m not guilty of and I won’t let it go on that forum. There was a million ways they could have gone about it and they picked the wrong one.

It's probably not worth it. Those pos will just keep doing what they do and feel empowered by your anger. Plus they'll just delete your link or replace it with some words you didn't write then ban your ip and move on. I'm letting my ban rage go... but it does suck to the dude I promised the wheels and tires to. So anyone in reno want some 2020 trd pro wheels and tires? (that's literally what I was banned over :D)

Pro Tip: You can still see entire TW thread pages during a ban by viewing cached versions of the pages ?

I have a vpn with tons of ip's to choose from but they don't deserve my traffic. Plus their information doesn't seem all that useful. Threads that are 10k pages long and they expect you to find the one comment that contains the magic answer in it otherwise you get scoffed into oblivion. no thanks :D

It's probably not worth it. Those pos will just keep doing what they do and feel empowered by your anger. Plus they'll just delete your link or replace it with some words you didn't write then ban your ip and move on. I'm letting my ban rage go... but it does suck to the dude I promised the wheels and tires to. So anyone in reno want some 2020 trd pro wheels and tires? (that's literally what I was banned over :D)

You are right, its probably not worth it, but if Im gonna get banned, Im going to make it worth it. Aaaaaaaaand Im putting links everywhere to this site. Yes, Im THAT asshole. I don't normally care, but like I said, I was wrongfully accused and they are gonna get a headache making me go away.

Anyone in the area might be interested in some TRD Pro parts? Feeling out interest in the following:

OEM Ridge Industries fog lights
OEM wheels & tires
OEM shift knob
OEM Fox suspension system

I might possibly be interested in the fog lamps.

In case anyone is wondering, there is still snow/slush and mud all over the road on peavine. Practiced some ‘social distancing’ today and went for a drive.

Okay cool, shoot me a PM when you know for sure

In other news, just finished deleting all of my content on TW. Byeeeeee

I think I am going to get the Baja Designs fogs..... Sorry dude.

On another note:

Weather is getting nicer boys! Lets get something going and meet up!!

Back