• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

30 inch LED light bar

TacoJoe

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Cement
Installed a 30 inch LED light bar from Rough Country. I really like the look of seeing of the light rather than behind the grill. What do you guys think?
20181120_110620.jpg
20181120_111801.jpg
20181120_114315.jpg
20181120_121120.jpg
20181120_130846.jpg

Looks good. If I would have bought a slim light bar I probably would have done the same. Right now mine is just tucked behind the grille

Can you link the light bar from Rough country ?

It does look good. It was one of my favorite mods when I had it. Having it out there instead of behind it is unique.

It does look good. It was one of my favorite mods when I had it. Having it out there instead of behind it is unique.
Ya I do think the look is better though. Also a part of me feels the grill blocks some of the lights projection

Question, just got a light bar myself, for the roof rack though. How do you wire it up, I know run down the window but then what, my car electronics knowledge is limited.

Hook both ends to battery? or just red and then ground other? and then run light bar switch through firewall into the free button spot to the left of the steering wheel?! How do you remove that button panel (the one with the bed light and rear window switch) just "pop" it off and remove the one blank switch space?

Thanks

Question, just got a light bar myself, for the roof rack though. How do you wire it up, I know run down the window but then what, my car electronics knowledge is limited.

Hook both ends to battery? or just red and then ground other? and then run light bar switch through firewall into the free button spot to the left of the steering wheel?! How do you remove that button panel (the one with the bed light and rear window switch) just "pop" it off and remove the one blank switch space?

Thanks
running it to the battery is the easiest way.

I just got the same light bar, looking forward to getting it mounted in a couple weeks. Looks really good on your truck, nice job! How long did it take you?

4wd, post: 28568, member: 2274"]I just got the same light bar, looking forward to getting it mounted in a couple weeks. Looks really good on your truck, nice job! How long did it take you?[/QUOTE]

I just got the same light bar, looking forward to getting it mounted in a couple weeks. Looks really good on your truck, nice job! How long did it take you?
The instructions want you to cut out more of the grill than neccessary. I cut mine 1/2 less on each side. I didn't want a gap between the end bolt and plastic grill.

Gotchya. Thanks!

Thanks
I would hook the red ( positive) to the battery and for ur negative (black) side hook that to the ground next to your battery you’ll see, the negative of your battery a black thick wire going towards the fender of your truck which that’s where they ground the battery u can put it there, I have videos on this but I’ll be doing a more detailed one soon just to help everyone out

Back