• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2024 Tacoma Revealed! Here's Everything About It.

Well it looks exactly like the tundra just smaller. Kind of wish it had its own unique look. I honestly hated the new look of the tundra. Then people started building them out for off roading/overlanding and now I like them a lot. I guess I’ll need to see how these look build out and what the power train will be. The Tacoma can be a very versatile truck but the majority of people buy it to go camping or off roading. I think Toyota needs to understand that more and have the truck come from the factory ready to handle larger tires, aftermarket lighting/electrical, and the option for a front locker. It’s really not that much to ask for lol

Not a big fan of the grille's either, or headlights... or tail lights
Same

Not a big fan. I believe toyota hired a GM designer to "americanise" the trucks, theres alot of similar points between the new tundra and a GMC sierra.
Agree

Just glad I have a 2017.
Me too x100

I think I like it…if I get rid of this truck it will be to go back to VW/Audi, so my opinion probably doesn’t matter.
Lol, true

Toyota has been pretty on point with most of their designs over the past decade, but this would be a disappointment
Agree

Big pass... I'll move to the new 4runner or bronco or something else before I bought that body style Tacoma
Agree

You could also go with the current gen Nissan Frontier since it looks 99% like a gen3 Taco and they'll be making it for 20 years because Nissan
They are SO similar. Like, to the point where I think they actually look cool if I pretend it’s not a blatant rip-off. Especially in their Army green color. But, is Nissan relevant? I just assume they are a fake Toyota that no one cares for.

It's like the designer was told they could only use angles in 45° increments...
Lol!

But why do the bed sides need to come down so far around the wheels?? Those are getting chopped off by anyone who needs to use that truck.
This is what I was thinking with this and the new Tundra. The grille is so large on the Tundra, a nice high clearance cut seems impossible.

will be interested in the Gen 4 if it comes in a hybrid
Toyota recently teased EV versions of their entire fleet, if you didn’t see.

Well it looks exactly like the tundra just smaller. Kind of wish it had its own unique look. I honestly hated the new look of the tundra
Same

I think Toyota needs to understand that more and have the truck come from the factory ready to handle larger tires, aftermarket lighting/electrical, and the option for a front locker.
Yes!!

———

I hate to be the guy that says “they don’t make ‘em like they used to”, while patting my 2017 on the hood as if it’s the last “real” truck Toyota made. But if these renders end up being accurate, I kind of do feel this way right now. Especially with the removal of leaf springs. I understand the move to coils and that a Tacoma isn’t really meant to haul heavy stuff. But a 1st, 2nd, 3rd gen Taco can put in work if you simply beef up the springs. I don’t think I’ll be able to haul 2,400 pounds of rock with coils, lol.

Proof:
Original link: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7MPlQdAFsX/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last edited:
If this design even remotely pans out in production, I could REALLY get behind this.
Big wheel wells, wide fenders, high clearance rear bumper prepped.
High clearance and lo-pro front bumper's could be easily made.

Can't wait for the real thing to come out and hope it's close to this!

Need to be done with these plastic bumper covers that look pretty. Let's get some real bumpers so we don't have to cut a bunch of plastic

Aside from the spoilers and the headlight tears this is nothing. The change from Gen2 to Gen3 was more of a departure than this.

I am planning on parting with my Gen 3 and move up to a Gen 4 hybrid. If I do, can I still hang out in Tacoma 3G?

I'd be real happy if they'd fix the shifting problems and bring in the diesel! Other than that, I can fix the aesthetics!

Back