• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2024 Tacoma Revealed! Here's Everything About It.

My Tacoma was too small and fragile for what I was doing. Got tired of hitting my head on the A pillar getting in. Warped rotors and 5 foot bed was useless. Perfect for my daughter. Sold it to her and bought a 2021 Tundra and I don't think I'll ever go back to anything but a V8. Tundra is absolutely fantastic in every way. This new 4GEN doesn't look much different than the 3GEN. I will never go electric either. 🤙🏽

2024 Tacoma design revealed in patent images! Looks just like the EV concept.... which in the back of my mind I figured was the design but this might be ours also.

Background:

The images come from a Design Patent Registration filed in Brazil. The document filed with the document indicates that it was published on January 24, 2023, by Brazil's Ministério do Desenvolvimento, Indústria, Comércio e Serviços Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial.

The authors of the design are listed as Matthew Niven Sperling, Scott Matthew Roller; Kengo Iwanaga, and Yeongmin Kong.

Kengo Iwanaga has been a Senior Lead Designer at Toyota's Calty Design Research center since November 2009 (see LinkedIn profile). Similarly, Yeongmin Kong has been a Senior Lead Designer at Calty Design Research since June 2018 (see LinkedIn profile). Matthew Sperling has also been involved in many of Toyota's patents.

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 9.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 3.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 8.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 7.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 2.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 6.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 5.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 4.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 1.jpg

The information in this post comes from an automatic 4th Gen Tacoma News & Information aggregator. Source website...

I think it looks like a bit of a domestic 4 x 4 with the rounded nose, and whatever spoiler thing that is on the back cab and tailgate. I like the third GEN look mcuh better than this kind of souped up looking model. I would, however, love to see an EV model for the Tacoma come out faster!

It looks cool, but I hate all the technologicimical bull shit it contains.

These renderings look better than what I have seen and I kind of like the up swept rear bumper. of course it needs a lift and tires duhhh lol

Any specs? We still get a frame designed 30+ years ago, drum brakes on the rear and a pathetic payload? Be great if they would address the shortcomings.
I don't think specs will be discussed for a while.

Nice evolution. Will be following powertrain carefully, but have no intention of selling my 3rd gen anytime soon. Too good of a Swiss Army knife at the moment, does just about everything reasonably well...except gas mileage :)

Looks pretty. Nice evolution of appearance. But, rear disks, box frame, clearance for larger tires without chopping, coils all around, better charging system, actual low-end torque, better seats, 6-speed manual available or who cares?

2024 Tacoma design revealed in patent images! Looks just like the EV concept.... which in the back of my mind I figured was the design but this might be ours also.

Background:

The images come from a Design Patent Registration filed in Brazil. The document filed with the document indicates that it was published on January 24, 2023, by Brazil's Ministério do Desenvolvimento, Indústria, Comércio e Serviços Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial.

The authors of the design are listed as Matthew Niven Sperling, Scott Matthew Roller; Kengo Iwanaga, and Yeongmin Kong.

Kengo Iwanaga has been a Senior Lead Designer at Toyota's Calty Design Research center since November 2009 (see LinkedIn profile). Similarly, Yeongmin Kong has been a Senior Lead Designer at Calty Design Research since June 2018 (see LinkedIn profile). Matthew Sperling has also been involved in many of Toyota's patents.

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 9.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 3.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 8.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 7.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 2.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 6.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 5.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 4.jpg

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 1.jpg

The information in this post comes from an automatic 4th Gen Tacoma News & Information aggregator. Source website...
:love:
I love it!!!

It looks extremely bloated just like the new tundra. Front bumper is disgusting and those arches look like they'll be a problem in the long run for running larger tires with their lower height. It'll probably weigh a LOT more than the current gen too. Meh. Guess we will have to wait for the final product release.

I like it. Looks like that ev concept which I loved. Curious if the led drl will be top and bottom of the headlight or just that top portion. That tiny square sliding back window needs to go. Solid window or sliding middle section 🤞. Still waiting for interior shots to come out and paint colors, I love my voodoo blue off-road.

I'm out on the first year BUT I definitely see a 2025 in my future. As long as it's as good as my 2018 DCLB, and comes in longbed, I'll be getting one.

The wife’s Tacoma lease is up in 14 months. Not sure if we’ll get her an updated Tacoma, buy out the 2021 Tacoma, or just have her drive my 2021 Bronco daily (I have a work truck I daily).

Hmmmm based on the front end alone, it's a hard pass. Those weird teardrops below the headlights are super unappealing to me. Now I'm sure a nice tube bumper would negate the need for those, but I'm not interested. My honest ONLY complaint with my truck is the transmission. Hopefully they sort that out.

Hmmmm based on the front end alone, it's a hard pass. Those weird teardrops below the headlights are super unappealing to me. Now I'm sure a nice tube bumper would negate the need for those, but I'm not interested. My honest ONLY complaint with my truck is the transmission. Hopefully they sort that out.
Incoming 4th gen to 3rd gen transmission swap threads!

My honest ONLY complaint with my truck is the transmission. Hopefully they sort that out.
I agree but at least my OVTune and 5.29s are a good fix until Toyota changes things. I think my personal one big complaint is how uncomfortable the driving position is in 2017. I'm tall, so ideally my seat should be pushed back. But in 2017, my steering wheel can't extend, making a pushed back seat feel weird. And my seat can't be raised. Although I'm tall, a higher seat would be a much better position for my hips/lower back pain. Although... then my head would hit the roof.

I agree but at least my OVTune and 5.29s are a good fix until Toyota changes things. I think my personal one big complaint is how uncomfortable the driving position is in 2017. I'm tall, so ideally my seat should be pushed back. But in 2017, my steering wheel can't extend, making a pushed back seat feel weird. And my seat can't be raised. Although I'm tall, a higher seat would be a much better position for my hips/lower back pain. Although... then my head would hit the roof.
I wish I had that problem. I find the seating position perfect for someone my size (I'm 5'5"). I do notice my legs get restless on longer trips, maybe some seat jackers would help me.

I'm out on the first year BUT I definitely see a 2025 in my future. As long as it's as good as my 2018 DCLB, and comes in longbed, I'll be getting one.
That is one big but..... But tbh yea I agree, I have an access cab now and once I pay this off and probably upgrade it more I'll be thinking of getting a newer one. Or maybe a used one built Idrk yet tbh

Agree, design is meh. It looks like it has better headroom though. Hopefully they fix the seating position. Jackers only help a little. Hate the rear window.

That is one big but..... But tbh yea I agree, I have an access cab now and once I pay this off and probably upgrade it more I'll be thinking of getting a newer one. Or maybe a used one built Idrk yet tbh
I might be the only one who will admit it, but if I could get close to 30 mpg on the highway that would definitely be awesome.

Back