• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

0uTkAsT's 3-Pedal Rebel | Build & BS

Lol, feel free to expand upon this... or perhaps I will.

Josh and i had a date set to install his suspension, but something came up that took priority to which he threw a fucking temper tantrum even though I offered him an alternative solution. But in true josh form, he continued to bitch. But we ultimately settled on a time to do it tonight which required me to cancel plans.

Then I get a text at 630 this morning that he installed it anyway.... because he's an impatient asshole and needs things to be his way with zero consideration of other people, their schedules or their priorities.

So next time Princess Josh, I will be sure to clear my entire schedule to cater specifically to you
You're not wrong, and I already know there won't be a next time. I admitted multiple times that it was completely my bad for getting upset about Saturday. You were doing me a favor, so despite what it did to my plans, I was out of line in getting bent out of shape about it. I agreed with your perspective on the matter fully, and have been apologizing profusely since it happened. No one would blame you for spending time with your lady, instead of hanging out with my ass.

I honestly thought that I was doing you a favor by not having to deal with it tonight. I had already pissed you off and you had no reason to help me at that point. But it pissed you off even more. And again, I understand why, but it wasn't intentional.

I can't right the wrong. What's done is done. I'm not trying to sweep it under the rug or defend myself. I know I can't make it right because even just trying would probably do the opposite.

Last edited:
You're not wrong. I admitted multiple times that it was completely my bad for getting upset about Saturday. You were doing me a favor, so despite what it did to my plans, I was out of line in getting bent out of shape about it. I also agreed with your perspective on the matter fully, and have been apologizing profusely since it happened. No one would blame you for spending time with your lady instead of hanging out with my ass.

I honestly thought that I was doing you a favor by not having to deal with it tonight since I had already pissed you off anyways, and you had no reason to want to help me. But that pissed you off more.

I can't right the wrong here. What's done is done. I'm not trying to sweep it under the rug or defend myself. I know there's nothing I can possibly do to make the circumstances any better.

Live and learn. You burnt this bridge

Agreed, and again, I'm sorry. I do not expect apologies to make it any better, but I'm publicly admitting that I fucked up because that's literally all I can do at this point that I haven't already done.

Josh and i had a date set to install his suspension, but something came up that took priority to which he threw a fucking temper tantrum even though I offered him an alternative solution. But in true josh form, he continued to bitch. But we ultimately settled on a time to do it tonight which required me to cancel plans.

Then I get a text at 630 this morning that he installed it anyway.... because he's an impatient asshole and needs things to be his way with zero consideration of other people, their schedules or their priorities.

So next time Princess Josh, I will be sure to clear my entire schedule to cater specifically to you
You're not wrong, and I already know there won't be a next time. I admitted multiple times that it was completely my bad for getting upset about Saturday. You were doing me a favor, so despite what it did to my plans, I was out of line in getting bent out of shape about it. I agreed with your perspective on the matter fully, and have been apologizing profusely since it happened. No one would blame you for spending time with your lady, instead of hanging out with my ass.

I honestly thought that I was doing you a favor by not having to deal with it tonight. I had already pissed you off and you had no reason to help me at that point. But it pissed you off even more. And again, I understand why, but it wasn't intentional.

I can't right the wrong. What's done is done. I'm not trying to sweep it under the rug or defend myself. I know I can't make it right because even just trying would probably do the opposite.
Agreed, and again, I'm sorry. I do not expect apologies to make it any better, but I'm publicly admitting that I fucked up because that's literally all I can do at this point that I haven't already done.
Well guys, I say it's either a little game of head or gut or just let it go and move on like men.

So true. Don’t pet the sweaty shit. Brothers fight,work it out and look forward.

How long exactly have you two been married? :)

The truck is back together but I need to bring the front end up quite a bit. The coilovers shipped with almost no preload so it has serious stink bug status right now and I'm rubbing on the front bumper.

IMG_20180810_170814-1554x1036.jpg

IMG_20180810_164258-1173x1173.jpg

Liking the truck OuTkAsT.

Are you pleased?

Liking the truck OuTkAsT.

Are you pleased?
Thanks! I'm pleased so far but I haven't really gotten to enjoy it much yet. Once I got some preload dialed in yesterday I took it out for a quick shakedown run and it feels great minus the stiffness from the brand new leaf packs with absolutely no weight over the back (not even a spare, lol). The rubbing is 80% better and hopefully it will improve even more after the alignment. I just need to bring the passenger side up a bit more (I have some reverse Taco lean) before it gets aligned.

I definitely feel the weight and inertia of the new tires. The truck is remarkably solid feeling compared to my last one, but I'm back to the sluggish acceleration again and I can feel the quirkiness in the throttle mapping even more now. Almost as bad as the old truck, but not quite, although the old one had tires that were 1.1" shorter and 11-pounds lighter so it's better than I expected. There's kind of a "stumble" in power delivery right around 1,500 RPM or so that drives me nuts so I still plan to get the OVTune for that but I'm probably bumping the regear up on my list of priorities as well.

Thanks! I'm pleased so far but I haven't really gotten to enjoy it much yet. Once I got some preload dialed in yesterday I took it out for a quick shakedown run and it feels great minus the stiffness from the brand new leaf packs with absolutely no weight over the back (not even a spare, lol). The rubbing is 80% better and hopefully it will improve even more after the alignment. I just need to bring the passenger side up a bit more (I have some reverse Taco lean) before it gets aligned.

I definitely feel the weight and inertia of the new tires. The truck is remarkably solid feeling compared to my last one, but I'm back to the sluggish acceleration again and I can feel the quirkiness in the throttle mapping even more now. Almost as bad as the old truck, but not quite, although the old one had tires that were 1.1" shorter and 11-pounds lighter so it's better than I expected. There's kind of a "stumble" in power delivery right around 1,500 RPM or so that drives me nuts so I still plan to get the OVTune for that but I'm probably bumping the regear up on my list of priorities as well.

The 4.88’s will help. I’ve not felt the need to do the OVtune at this point.

Are you going to do the Hyper Tech for the speedo? I’ve still got to do that. I’m just not excited about taking the console out.

I’ve not felt the need to do the OVtune at this point.
I certainly don't want to pony up the coin for the OVTune but my only real pet peeves about this new truck all stem from the stupid drive by wire throttle... it's to blame for the sluggish throttle tip in, "flat spots" and "surges" in the power curve, hesitation and delays accelerating at WOT, and jerky/bucking behavior. That's where the tune comes in. I don't think it'll add that much horsepower or torque since I'd want to stick with an 87 octane tune anyways, but if it wakes up the truck even a little bit then that's just a nice added bonus. What I'm really after, though, is the smoothness and more linear feel... basically just making the gas pedal do what it's supposed to when you step on it.
Are you going to do the Hyper Tech for the speedo? I’ve still got to do that. I’m just not excited about taking the console out.
Yes I am, but not until after I regear. I'm able to estimate my true speed well enough for now to get me by until then.
The 4.88’s will help.
Absolutely, but I'm actually going with 5.29s. My truck came with 4.30s stock so going to 5.29s is numerically equivalent to an automatic truck with 3.90s stock going to 4.88s (.99 vs. .98 final drive reduction).

Last edited:
Shakedown run was successful other than literally scaring the shit out of the puppy in the back seat :ROFLMAO:

I have a few things to sort out but overall the dampening and control is so much better than the last setup. We never felt the shocks fade out despite pushing them hard in temps around 108°. I was very impressed by how smooth the ride was, especially taking into account that those E-rated tires still had 30psi in them and there is virtually no weight over the back end right now.

I still have some very minor rubbing at full stuff and various angles at ~50% compression but nothing at all like what was going on before the alignment and preload was set.

Overall everything is working out great. Now that we're running trails faster I'm definitely going to need to upgrade the bump stops. It also needs regeared, a bumper, and I've got to find a full-size spare ASAP.

IMG_20180818_113257-1612x1209.jpg

IMG_20180818_113312-1612x1209.jpg

IMG_20180818_182551-1209x1612.jpg

IMG_20180818_113616-1786x1339.jpg

IMG_20180818_113937-PANO-1786x954.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180818_114412-1209x1612.jpg
    IMG_20180818_114412-1209x1612.jpg
    835.7 KB · Views: 86
Very nice. Next time call and I will go with you.

Looking good.

Definitely some bumps and gears are a must.

Spares are optional :cool:

Oh yeah, 5.29's aee gonna be rad, so long as you don't ever want to go over 65mph or drive on the freeway. I'm sure #joshlogic will dictate otherwise bc #joshlogic is without fault and is always right

Very nice. Next time call and I will go with you.
Thanks, and sounds good! Probably doing something next weekend, just not sure where yet.
Looking good.

Definitely some bumps and gears are a must.

Spares are optional :cool:
Haha who needs tires right? Yeah some progressive bumps and a U-bolt flip are high on the priority list right now, along with the spare and rear bumper, new RTT, and gears. The truck honestly drives fine around town on the 4.30s but on the trail it's sorely lacking... I almost had to use 4lo yesterday on a hill climb that I definitely would not have expected to, I could just barely keep the RPMs high enough to get over it in 4hi.
Oh yeah, 5.29's aee gonna be rad, so long as you don't ever want to go over 65mph or drive on the freeway. I'm sure #joshlogic will dictate otherwise bc #joshlogic is without fault and is always right
So, nothing is set in stone yet, but I'm looking at it like this:

I have 4.30s stock. Cruising at 80 MPH on the highway with 5.29s would only be 287 RPM higher than the day I drove it off the lot. The final drive reduction is nearly identical to a 3.90 automatic truck going to 4.88, 0.98 vs. 0.99, netting a difference gained between mine and yours only ~37 RPM apart. Yes my cruising RPMs will be significantly higher than yours, but again, that's no different than stock. Mine sat 697 RPM higher at 80 MPH than yours did when they both were brand new. So I'm not saying I'm right, or you're wrong, that's just how I'm looking at things right now.

Last edited:
But we already know that whatever you have convinced yourself of is right and everything else is wrong..

And you're still a lying piece of shit. Karma's a real bitch and spreading rumors/creating lies surely will catch up with you.

Word to the wise to the rest of this forum, dont try to help this sack of shit, ever! I've always gone out of my way to help him only to get kicked in the nuts by his previous temper tantrum and the today find out that he's spinning the story to paint himself in a better light and telling flat out lies about me.

So yes Josh, you are a massive piece of shit. You're not the victim in life that you constantly make yourself out to be. YOU create your own outcomes but telling lies about other people just proves your ignorance.

You two just need to squash this shit and move on. Two weeks for this to be going on is out of control. Let's act like grown men with nice trucks instead of little girls.

You two just need to squash this shit and move on. Two weeks for this to be going on is out of control. Let's act like grown men with nice trucks instead of little girls.
If only you knew the story... So let me enlighten you.....

I had completely dropped it because frankly, it's not a big deal... Until Josh decided to run his mouth this week and send a PM filled with lies to one of my friends. Making claims that I made very specific threats to him, which didn't happen, stating that I blew him off multiple times, which also didn't happen. And the list goes on.

So, while I can appreciate you jumping in to something you know nothing about, perhaps take the time to educate yourself before you say anything.

For the record, I have screenshots of the rant he sent to my buddy as well as all of the text conversation had between Josh and i disproving the bullshit he's trying to pass along to others. Making statements that I threatened him can carry some pretty severe consequences, of which I do not take lightly, especially when it never happened in the first place.

At the end of the day, I tried to help Josh. It didn't go how he wanted and HE decided to throw a hissy fit about it. Then, when I called him out for his temper tantrum, HE decided to start spreading lies, to, and this is a complete guess, appease his own narcism. Nevertheless, he could have just let it go as I did, but he didn't, he instead chose to escalate the entire situation and run his cock trap.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, while I can appreciate you jumping in to something you know nothing about, perhaps take the time to educate yourself before you say anything.
Don't get pissed at me now. All I know is what I read here. I'm just saying it's time to quit rehashing it. This hobby is supposed to be fun and we are dudes so I know none of us like drama. The lift is done, feelinfs were hurt, but now it's time to go back to the fun and not the drama.

Don't get pissed at me now. All I know is what I read here. I'm just saying it's time to quit rehashing it. This hobby is supposed to be fun and we are dudes so I know none of us like drama. The lift is done, feeling a were hurt, but now it's time to go back to the fun and not the drama.
Not pissed at all, simply shedding light on something you know nothing about.

This hobby is fun, and I have helped a fuck ton of people, none of whom threw a goddamn temper tantrum like a 5 year old in Walmart that didn't get the latest barbie that she wanted.

Again, I had let it go until fuckface decided to run his cock trap and spread some pretty shitty rumors about me. So, despite what you may or may not think, I personally do not like ignorant fucktards making false claims about me especially when those claims include me making threats to him and his family. What kind of fucked up shit is that? Why go so far as to take something small and turn it into something big?

So, my advice to you, before you go making assumptions, take the time to learn the whole story. I had dropped it completely, but THIS week, mr. mega tacticool fuckface Josh decided that it would be a good idea to run his cock trap and make a bunch of ridiculous claims.

So, my advice to you, before you go making assumptions, take the time to learn the whole story
I'm not making assumptions. Now you are making them. Like I said, I just saw what was on here. There is my education. Sure, I don't know the entire story and everything that was said, but since I'm a man, I tend to forget things, especially he said/she said bullshit flying around on tacoma forums. You know how I deal with stuff like this? I just stop and move on. So, I'm going to do just that. I hope you two can as well. The tacoma community in AZ is awesome so I don't want that to get tarnished.

I'm not making assumptions. Now you are making them. Like I said, I just saw what was on here. There is my education. Sure, I don't know the entire story and everything that was said, but since I'm a man, I tend to forget things, especially he said/she said bullshit flying around on tacoma forums. You know how I deal with stuff like this? I just stop and move on. So, I'm going to do just that. I hope you two can as well. The tacoma community in AZ is awesome so I don't want that to get tarnished.
Again, I had stopped and move on, but your girlfriend decided to start making some pretty serious accusations that could have even more seriously implications toward my job. So I'm sorry that your manliness is put off my this, but i take things of this nature very seriously when it could affect how I make a living.

Once more I will reiterate for you. It was dropped completely by me until little Joshy decided to take things to the next level and run his little mouth

Back