• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Yakima Bed Rack?

HiterSixOne

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Sport DCSB Auto
Cement
Has anyone here used these for a RTT?

https://www.yakima.com/bedrock-hd-system

I really want something I can easily take off with the RTT when it is not in use. I've looked at several other systems and have gone through several posts but haven't seen these in use. I am planning on a tonneau cover soon and I would have to roll or flip for these.

SOS advised that they are working on one for a tonneau.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Looking at the install instructions, it's basically a C-clamp around the tracks instead of being mounted in the track.

Remove the clamp and with some help, you should be able to easily lift off your RTT with the rails still attached

I felt the same. Easy on and easy off when needed. I also do not think it would stress the bed sides outward too awful much.

I'd suggest a different company - maybe KB Voodoo. They make tonneau cover compatible bars similar to what you're looking at.

Something to consider is Yakima's weight ratings. On-road rating of 300 lbs and off-road rating of 180 lbs. An RTT could be close up to 150 lbs, depending on what you're getting so you're cutting it really close the off-road rating. Also, I don't see a static rating, but if the on-road rating is 300 lbs and 150lbs is taken up by the RTT, add 2 humans and you're over the weight rating. They do advertise it can mount their Sky Tent, but their tent is only 95 lbs. If you're going to get it, just double check all your weights and make sure you're within their ratings.

I'd suggest a different company - maybe KB Voodoo. They make tonneau cover compatible bars similar to what you're looking at.

Something to consider is Yakima's weight ratings. On-road rating of 300 lbs and off-road rating of 180 lbs. An RTT could be close up to 150 lbs, depending on what you're getting so you're cutting it really close the off-road rating. Also, I don't see a static rating, but if the on-road rating is 300 lbs and 150lbs is taken up by the RTT, add 2 humans and you're over the weight rating. They do advertise it can mount their Sky Tent, but their tent is only 95 lbs. If you're going to get it, just double check all your weights and make sure you're within their ratings.

I was looking at the weight ratings as well and I appreciate you noting this.

Back