• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Who would be interested in a supercharger for their taco?

Interested in a supercharger kit?

• What a waste

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

310_Taco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hello,
I am looking to get peoples ideas on who would be interested in having a supercharger kit for their 3rd gen taco. I have seen many different kits for the older gen tacos but when it comes to the 3rd gens there seems to be a significant gap in what we have to choose from. I have yet to come across a company that has offered such a kit for our generation. I heard rumors magnuson had something in the works but nothing confirmed as of now. Knowing this I want to get an idea if people are interested in such a kit or is there no market for it? Love to hear your thoughts. May possibly work on something myself with a local shop to make such a kit available to us all if there is a positive number of people interested in the idea. Let me hear what you think!

Hello,
I am looking to get peoples ideas on who would be interested in having a supercharger kit for their 3rd gen taco. I have seen many different kits for the older gen tacos but when it comes to the 3rd gens there seems to be a significant gap in what we have to choose from. I have yet to come across a company that has offered such a kit for our generation. I heard rumors magnuson had something in the works but nothing confirmed as of now. Knowing this I want to get an idea if people are interested in such a kit or is there no market for it? Love to hear your thoughts. May possibly work on something myself with a local shop to make such a kit available to us all if there is a positive number of people interested in the idea. Let me hear what you think!
If you build it, they will come.
And you will get filthy rich.

Hello,

I actually just talked with my buddy that works at Cabe Performance in CA about this. He told me" They are working on one as we speak. I don't have the release details, but I can let you know when I receive word from Magnuson."

Hello,
If you make a supercharger, take my money already!!

I'd love a turbo setup. Any would on what kind of power stock internals can take?

Thought magnuson made on but theirs stops at the ‘15 model 2gen

I think I’ve seen 1 to 3 companies tease one but it seems like it’s just bark. Be the first to jump on it and enjoy the money!

Thought magnuson made on but theirs stops at the ‘15 model 2gen

They'd mentioned 3rd gen model to be released later this year, I think it was late summer, but I haven't heard anything in a while.

Saw this at the other place.
Screenshot_20180625-114726_Chrome.jpg

It'd be nice to open up this hood skewp. :)

Hello,
There are rumors that the new company building the motors for Toyota if I’m not mistaken is in the works for one.

I’m in! I’ll take the hit on using premium fuel, shitty mileage, and a fuck ton of torque! Cont me in!

I'd be all about one but the likelihood of it happening in the reasonably near future is slim. Magnuson would be the most viable option and has confirmed that it's something they are looking into. R and D would likely take over a year and a lot of money just to develop the part itself and then of course there has to be a legitimate tune to go with it. Knowing how tightly toyota locks down their code, the tune will likely be the most difficult piece to this puzzle.

Being regarded already, having a little boost would be a great add but I'm not going to hold my breath.

TRD sold the patent to magnuson sp again, this is why I say that they would be the most viable option here if/when it happens

I'd be all about one but the likelihood of it happening in the reasonably near future is slim. Magnuson would be the most viable option and has confirmed that it's something they are looking into. R and D would likely take over a year and a lot of money just to develop the part itself and then of course there has to be a legitimate tune to go with it. Knowing how tightly toyota locks down their code, the tune will likely be the most difficult piece to this puzzle.

Being regarded already, having a little boost would be a great add but I'm not going to hold my breath.

TRD sold the patent to magnuson sp again, this is why I say that they would be the most viable option here if/when it happens
@JerryTaco2.0 solid info, I was just reading an article regarding the TRD/Magnuson partnership back in the day. All tooling, and engineers basically changed uniforms. I don’t know why but I get a kick out of learning the history of the overall Toyota truck industry

Back