Who would be interested in a supercharger for their taco?

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Interested in a supercharger kit?

• What a waste

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

310_Taco

= II • Bronze
First Name
Chris
Military
Army
T3G Member
Hello,
I am looking to get peoples ideas on who would be interested in having a supercharger kit for their 3rd gen taco. I have seen many different kits for the older gen tacos but when it comes to the 3rd gens there seems to be a significant gap in what we have to choose from. I have yet to come across a company that has offered such a kit for our generation. I heard rumors magnuson had something in the works but nothing confirmed as of now. Knowing this I want to get an idea if people are interested in such a kit or is there no market for it? Love to hear your thoughts. May possibly work on something myself with a local shop to make such a kit available to us all if there is a positive number of people interested in the idea. Let me hear what you think!

Silent_Taco4x4

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Adam
T3G Member
Hello,
I am looking to get peoples ideas on who would be interested in having a supercharger kit for their 3rd gen taco. I have seen many different kits for the older gen tacos but when it comes to the 3rd gens there seems to be a significant gap in what we have to choose from. I have yet to come across a company that has offered such a kit for our generation. I heard rumors magnuson had something in the works but nothing confirmed as of now. Knowing this I want to get an idea if people are interested in such a kit or is there no market for it? Love to hear your thoughts. May possibly work on something myself with a local shop to make such a kit available to us all if there is a positive number of people interested in the idea. Let me hear what you think!
If you build it, they will come.
And you will get filthy rich.

Ghser7

= II • Bronze
T3G O.G.
First Name
Greg
T3G Member
Hello,

I actually just talked with my buddy that works at Cabe Performance in CA about this. He told me" They are working on one as we speak. I don't have the release details, but I can let you know when I receive word from Magnuson."

black_tacoma

= III • Silver
T3G Member
Hello,
If you make a supercharger, take my money already!!

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I think I’ve seen 1 to 3 companies tease one but it seems like it’s just bark. Be the first to jump on it and enjoy the money!

Lord Humongous

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jimmy
T3G Member
Saw this at the other place.
Screenshot_20180625-114726_Chrome.jpg

Nursetaco

= III • Silver
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Kyle
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Hello,
There are rumors that the new company building the motors for Toyota if I’m not mistaken is in the works for one.

mcharfauros

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Mike
Military
Army
T3G Member
I’m in! I’ll take the hit on using premium fuel, shitty mileage, and a fuck ton of torque! Cont me in!

D

Deleted member 643

I'd be all about one but the likelihood of it happening in the reasonably near future is slim. Magnuson would be the most viable option and has confirmed that it's something they are looking into. R and D would likely take over a year and a lot of money just to develop the part itself and then of course there has to be a legitimate tune to go with it. Knowing how tightly toyota locks down their code, the tune will likely be the most difficult piece to this puzzle.

Being regarded already, having a little boost would be a great add but I'm not going to hold my breath.

TRD sold the patent to magnuson sp again, this is why I say that they would be the most viable option here if/when it happens

mcharfauros

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Mike
Military
Army
T3G Member
I'd be all about one but the likelihood of it happening in the reasonably near future is slim. Magnuson would be the most viable option and has confirmed that it's something they are looking into. R and D would likely take over a year and a lot of money just to develop the part itself and then of course there has to be a legitimate tune to go with it. Knowing how tightly toyota locks down their code, the tune will likely be the most difficult piece to this puzzle.

Being regarded already, having a little boost would be a great add but I'm not going to hold my breath.

TRD sold the patent to magnuson sp again, this is why I say that they would be the most viable option here if/when it happens
solid info, I was just reading an article regarding the TRD/Magnuson partnership back in the day. All tooling, and engineers basically changed uniforms. I don’t know why but I get a kick out of learning the history of the overall Toyota truck industry

Top Bottom