• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Whats your favorite mod?

Man, I want to be all sophisticated by listing something really insightful, but honestly, given the amount of time I spend in the driver's seat and because I interact with these as soon as ass touches seat..........I have to say, my door speakers and phone holder.........BOOM!! (Mic hits floor)

Skar Audio TX series coax's with open baffles and a little sound deadening. Bang for the buck, 100%

And, Mob Armor Mobnetic Pro 90, a little pricey but given how much I've spent in the past on inferior and over engineered products, that didn't work for ?, so well worth it. A few of these were stuffed into stockings for Christmas.
Now, if I could get wifey to get goin' on ordering me a set of PRP's, for my birthday.........man oh man!!

Man, I want to be all sophisticated by listing something really insightful, but honestly, given the amount of time I spend in the driver's seat and because I interact with these as soon as ass touches seat..........I have to say, my door speakers and phone holder.........BOOM!! (Mic hits floor)

Skar Audio TX series coax's with open baffles and a little sound deadening. Bang for the buck, 100%

And, Mob Armor Mobnetic Pro 90, a little pricey but given how much I've spent in the past on inferior and over engineered products, that didn't work for ?, so well worth it. A few of these were stuffed into stockings for Christmas.
Now, if I could get wifey to get goin' on ordering me a set of PRP's, for my birthday.........man oh man!!
Nothing wrong with that! As far as usefulness, my phone holders are super handy! One is vertical and one is usually horizontal which we use to watch videos on.

Last time I was in this thread I mentioned my Clazzio seat covers, but now I think my favorite mod has changed to my new wheels. I just can't get over how sweet they look in this color...

EP.jpg

I'd have to say that I agree... my sound upgrade is probably my number one most used/enjoyed feature of my truck. I went with a little bigger upgrade with Hertz components for front doors and dash tweeters with a JL W3 10" Stealthbox and sub and a JL XD500 amp powering it. I did install the OE Subaru Kicker dash speakers for awhile and they made a huge improvement for the cost. I could imagine that those combined with Kicker 6.75" Front and Rear door speakers would be sufficient for most people and cost less than $250. Amazon sells the dash speakers for $100 and Crutchfield sells the Door speakers with mounting bracket and OE wiring adapter for $65 a pair. All plug and play... as simple of an install as it gets.

I agree steathbox and the rest of my stereo upgrades bringing me the most immediate joy, use it everyday

Suspension is my favorite mod by far. Gonna regear soon, and that might become the new fav.

Here's a link to the one I just ordered. I'll post about it once I get it installed.

www.anytimebackupcamera.com
Do you have this installed yet? I'd like to know what you think. I have heard of people doing this but originally I couldnt understand why. But one thing I thought of is...once I add a Victory4x4 bed rack and a RTT...I wont be able to utilize my rearview mirror.

Anyhow...please share...

I put one in - and it was very easy to follow the instructions. I wanted to use a single throw switch, and bought one from CH4x4, but the switch only allowed me to view the rear, and wanted to use the front camera. I have a new switch (the one that he sells) and just need to get back into the truck and open the dash again to finish the install. Will let you know how it goes when I'm done.

Do you have this installed yet? I'd like to know what you think. I have heard of people doing this but originally I couldnt understand why. But one thing I thought of is...once I add a Victory4x4 bed rack and a RTT...I wont be able to utilize my rearview mirror.

Anyhow...please share...

Yes... it is installed and I use it frequently. The rear anytime is only a bonus used for checking on hitch while towing, or maybe watching the slack come out of a tow line but I can't think of to many instances where id need it when not in reverse. But the front cam is what I was after. It allows me to spot my own lines, check obstacles without getting out and for being super confident in pulling up super close to a drop off or other vehicles.

Back