• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Whats your favorite mod?

tomtaylz

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
What feature, mod or piece of technology in your taco is your favorite, ie: you can’t live without it?

What feature, mod or technology do you wish you had?

Rock sliders was my first, then tonneau cover. Probably my favorite is the meso gashole. Just bought the meso minimalist key fob too which I’ll set up Tomorrow when I get Home. Also picked up some total chaos bed stiffeners which I’ll instal next week. Did a caliraised behind the grill light bar and ditch lights too and some yotaled lights that fit in the stock OR grill

DMM and Arkon phone mount. Hated having nowhere good to put my phone while driving. Also use it to mount my radar detector so I don't need to stick it on the windshield.

Next favorites would be my "Sasquatch Lights" button for my ditch lights and my cheapo Amazon roll-up tonneau.

It might by me my Clazzio seat covers in the colors I got.

4CEC08D5-6490-4613-ADEE-CA2969B347D2.jpeg
64AC76E9-7779-4349-B4FE-FB172682C6C3.jpeg

If I still had the stick cloth exposed it would be destroyed by now.

How old are these in these pics? What material did you go with? I've been wondering how durable these are.

This is definitely on my list after wheels/tires. They look incredible.

How old are these in these pics? What material did you go with? I've been wondering how durable these are.
In these pics they are new. But I’ve had them for about two years and they look exactly the same. (I can take pics if you want.) I have two dirty dogs always making a mess on them and they clean up easily and perfectly. They are leather.
This is definitely on my list after wheels/tires. They look incredible.
Thank you. I HIGHLY recommend them.

any drone? I had a catback on my Focus that sounded incredible but the drone was too much. Really miss the sound though.
Sounds like you went with Mbrp, my Cobb never gave me any drone. Also quality control at mbrp was awful seen some pretty disgusting welds on their downpipes

Sounds like you went with Mbrp, my Cobb never gave me any drone. Also quality control at mbrp was awful seen some pretty disgusting welds on their downpipes
Exhaust I had on my Focus was a FSWERKS Race exhaust. Super loud but sounded awesome. Drone was bad though.

Video below is pretty close to how it sounded in real life.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWgtqLh7hsI

I think going with the Brushed Gold Ray 10’s is my favorite mod but my stereo/HU is a close 2nd

Attachments

• EFB15C45-C944-43E4-A850-0BDBEF5C1989.jpeg
    EFB15C45-C944-43E4-A850-0BDBEF5C1989.jpeg
    827.7 KB · Views: 87
tweeter and door speaker upgrade. Added Noico sound deadening material, and it's amaaaaaaazzzziiiiiinnnnnggggg.

Back