• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What is the best tire quality for the price?

Lewisiv13

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 SR5 DCLB Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
General Grabbers from Walmart just don't cut it.

Attachments

• IMG_4953.jpg
    IMG_4953.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 126
Also curious as to which tire most run, everytime a see a diff taco I change my mind on tires bc everybody seems to rock a diff brand and they all look great and perform about the same depending on needs.

I’m stuck on mainly
BFG KO2
Cooper stt maxx

But seen nice duratracs and toyo open countrys

I got to say I love my falken wildpeaks AT3w , I think I bought them at $127 a tire a discount tire . Have a 55k mile rating . Looking forward to see how long they last
Not to mention they have a superior snow rating if that matters at all. I love mine too. My only complaint is i went with P tires cause i didnt know at time i should go LT’s. But all good

Not to mention they have a superior snow rating if that matters at all. I love mine too. My only complaint is i went with P tires cause i didnt know at time i should go LT’s. But all good
That’s awesome , I do get some snow in the winter and looking forward to trying them in the snow

is It possible to run 275-70-17 on stock suspension? From what I have heard 265-70-17 was the biggest tire size you could fit,

had a set of used duratracs C rated w 8k and they hummed kinda loud.

ko2 E rated are quiet and stiffer. i liked them.

st maxx E I like them too. Little louder than KO2 but not too much. seems stickier but a little louder.

I've heard nitto ridge grapplers are nice tires but also nice $$$

Also curious as to which tire most run, everytime a see a diff taco I change my mind on tires bc everybody seems to rock a diff brand and they all look great and perform about the same depending on needs.

I’m stuck on mainly
BFG KO2
Cooper stt maxx

But seen nice duratracs and toyo open countrys

is It possible to run 275-70-17 on stock suspension? From what I have heard 265-70-17 was the biggest tire size you could fit,

I really think it all depends and is a 50/50, on model/trim and rim BS/offset, I have the stock 265s and with my rims and spidertrax spacers I had pretty good rubbing which threw me through a loop. I am like millimeters from the cmc on stock tires idk how so 285s scare me. DCLB here so heavier but also have 888 coils and bilstiens

I am a fan of Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 Off-Road Tire. Have run them on couple different trucks...have always done me well. My truck is a DD ...also use for the usual fishing, hunting type driving.

I don’t think you could without adjusting for rub (CMC, spacers, etc.)

I got my tires from tirebuyer.com shipped to local tireshop. I’d use them again for sure. As far as affordable-Falkens are very popular right now. I got 5 for like 800 during a deal
My local Town Fair Tire price matched the lowest price I could find for tires, including the internet. $129 a tire for Wildpeak A/T3 265-70-17 Standard Load. They're getting mounted on Level 8 MK 6 Matte Gunmetal Gray-17x8 -0 offset wheels on Monday.

Here ya go, got them on today

Wheels: Level 8 MK6 17x8", zero offset, matte gunmetal with Falken Wildpeaks A/T3, 265/70/17 standard load. There is rub right now at full turn, but that's getting taken care of with my lift later this month.

IMG_20180608_142929.jpgIMG_20180608_143006.jpg
It's amazing what wheels and going one size up on tires does for the stance/look of these trucks.

Back