• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Nothing yet, but I'm about to go wash the 'sumbitch........its dirty. Hit the snow on Monday, with the kids. Then hit some mud on the way down the mountain. Car wash bound, now.

If I'm feeling really froggy, afterwards, I'll be doing front brake rotors and pads. Realistically, it will be a project for Saturday, though.

Happy New Year!
20200101_113917-01.jpeg
20200101_114046-01.jpeg
20200101_114057-01.jpeg
I need to do brakes too. It just sounds like a chore that I don't feel like freezing my ass off for right now.

Going down to So Cal this morning for a week for my Grandfathers memorial service. Tina is staying here in Oregon.
20200104_191706.jpg

Block Heater and Running Boards....Next Up: Bed Stiffener, Canopy and a pile of Lights.

Attachments

• 7C4E3AA0-6B51-442F-B7B3-FA4F37B360BD.jpeg
    7C4E3AA0-6B51-442F-B7B3-FA4F37B360BD.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 66
  • F4F366C1-454E-44F2-9BF0-122B6C50C7E7.jpeg
    F4F366C1-454E-44F2-9BF0-122B6C50C7E7.jpeg
    462.5 KB · Views: 73
Bought Stage 2 MESO tail light kit & Cali LED light bar to put under the grill!! Excited to install them this week and start saving again for my next upgrades haha

Thank you thank you , it wasn't an easy decision that's for shure but funny enough I'm paying less for a 2020 TRD offroad premium tundra then I was for the tacoma hahaha :ROFLMAO: and I'll definitely get some photos up soon!!! And I will keep my account active on this forum to help out when needed, sadly the tacoma which i loved became to small for my needs overall, I'm hoping for great things with the tundra. And as always I'm here to help anyone as best I can

Last edited:
New head unit. Cheap, big screen, Android and Apple Carplay, easy to customize the interface. It is Chinese--Joying is the brand. The only downside is it eliminated my Germes Lab anytime front/rear camera so I will have to use a different solution for that.
ZAm8Sf9.jpg

New head unit. Cheap, big screen, Android and Apple Carplay, easy to customize the interface. It is Chinese--Joying is the brand. The only downside is it eliminated my Germes Lab anytime front/rear camera so I will have to use a different solution for that.
ZAm8Sf9.jpg
Looks good fits right in !!

That is fantastic looking!
Congrats

Thanks! We're pretty excited. Last night was freezing!! Need to start the build process for the interior and heat is on the list and rapidly moving to the top!! Haha

I believe I saw on instagram that he sold his old camper already. Also, @Mr. Nobody the new vagabond is SICK are you going to wrap it to match the truck eventually?

You are correct. Sorry @hellppy is already sold.

We will be removing the current wrap as it was damaged along the upper edge from the previous shell. We're working on a new design to incorporate into the Drifter.

ZAm8Sf9.jpg
that's pretty... do you have a link for this? i assume there's an input for a forward-facing camera? Does it work with all the steering wheel controls?

Here is the unit I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W1ZML6V/?tag=tacoma3g-20. It does integrate with the steering wheel controls.

With my original HU I used the Germes Lab kit to have a front camera and anytime reverse camera. It integrated with the steering wheel controls and worked well. However, it does not work with this Joying unit so I've sold it and ordered the kit from here: https://www.anytimebackupcamera.com/collections/kits/products/anytime-backup-and-front-camera

I hope to get it installed soon and will report back on the results.

Last edited:
Sold my taco for a tundra boys:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: its was a great run and a great truck,
Thank you thank you , it wasn't an easy decision that's for shure but funny enough I'm paying less for a 2020 TRD offroad premium tundra then I was for the tacoma hahaha :ROFLMAO: and I'll definitely get some photos up soon!!! And I will keep my account active on this forum to help out when needed, sadly the tacoma which i loved became to small for my needs overall, I'm hoping for great things with the tundra. And as always I'm here to help anyone as best I can
I'm shocked but happy for you. You've been really knowledgeable on the Tacomas and from what I saw (unless I missed it somewhere else), it didn't seem like you were considering selling. To be honest, I also wish my truck was bigger. A lot of people are getting RAM Trucks right now for overlanding. I'd like to have one. But my Four Wheel Camper would be too small for a full-sized truck. What color Tundra did you get?

Also, glad you'll be sticking around. If I ever create another forum for other Toyota trucks, hopefully that can be your alternative home! ;)
ZAm8Sf9.jpg
This is sweet. I HATE the Entune system and I would love to simply have CarPlay like everyone else. I've been debating an iPad system, but I didn't know this was an option. Let us know if you find anything glitchy about it after some use.
I installed the Warn Winch Bumper, for those that are skeptical it's really easy, much easier than I thought it would be. The hardest part is mounting and wiring the winch, I installed the Smittybilt X20 12000lb, love the wireless.

BTW it doesn't interfere with TSS

winch.JPG
Looks good! I think this is the first time I've seen the newer Warn bumper on a truck.

Back