• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Are you putting it on yourself?

So I was shopping around and I saw these: https://hi-lift.com/accessories/tube-mount/

I figured I could make them for far cheaper and those wouldn't fit my stock roof racks anyway. So this happened:

2019-04-14 12.14.54.jpg2019-04-14 20.10.18.jpg

Just in the prototype stage right now. I need to cut the high points off. Do some tweaking.

Finally got my M.O.R.E skid plates installed today. I had to modify the rear skid in a few places so it didn't interfere with my slider mount points.
20190414_190132.jpg

20190414_190106.jpg

20190414_190219.jpg
You have the exhaust reroute or would that be one more skid?

You have the exhaust reroute or would that be one more skid?
No, I don't have the exhaust reroute yet. The rear skid actually covers the hanging exhaust but if reroute it, I'll be able to tuck the skids up a bit closer to the frame.

Nice, it looks beast!
Thanks man! Yeah they have really nice coverage down there. They're a few inches wider and are a bigger guage aluminum than both my old Pelfreys and my RCI skids. They took some modification to fit but I love em!

Finally a nice enough day for me to test out the tent!

2019-04-16 16.07.10.jpg

Can't wait to actually camp in this thing!

2019-04-16 16.12.12.jpg

For now it's going back in the carhole though, at least it stands on it's own. That makes it easy to roll around.

2019-04-16 16.32.11.jpg

Looks awesome! I don't think I've seen that rear bumper "in the wild" before. Are the taillight guards a custom touch? Looking forward to seeing it with the front on too.
They are like semi-custom. They made them for people in exclusive batches and I don’t think they intend to make them anymore.

It does have a really clean look without the tire carrier.
True, I kinda go back and forth with it. It would be perfect if they had a removable swing out version. Lol. Eh, it's a long bed so I still have plenty of room with the spare back there.

True, I kinda go back and forth with it. It would be perfect if they had a removable swing out version. Lol. Eh, it's a long bed so I still have plenty of room with the spare back there.
Mine is removable by one huge bolt. Is that what you meant?

What the heck to you call that jack/cart thing? I need one of those for the shop. That would be super helpful.

Back