• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Completed the sway bar relocation
6EF57F49-E9F2-4942-A41C-F0D06A274AD3.jpeg
Lol, how ironic, I relocated mine to the same location

Droping the skid and getting it back up was the hardest part

Got the completed @SDHQ OFFROAD prototype Double Cab Long Bed sliders installed on my truck today. Not only are these things bulletproof and extremely functional, they look completely badass!! More pictures and info to come, but here are a few for now.

20180628_192351.jpg

20180628_192221.jpg

20180628_192148.jpg

20180628_194742.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Got the completed @SDHQ OFFROAD prototype Double Cab Long Bed sliders installed on my truck today. Not only are these things bulletproof and extremely functional, they look completely badass!! More pictures and info to come, but here are a few for now.

20180628_192351.jpg

20180628_192221.jpg

20180628_192148.jpg

20180628_194742.jpg

giphy.gif
Looks good! I gotta make it out to AZ sometime, if anything to check out their shop, awesome builds, products, and customer service.

Well because I'm just awesome. ?

It's branding and I'm trying out different things.

Maybe I'll be like Versace or I'll even take Kate Spade if it sells. ?

Come to think about it.. Toyota is a person, Honda, Yamaha, Ford , Dodge...

A man can only dream when people use their stickers ??

Happy Friday!

If I’m not mistaken Rob, you sell these stickers? Not to be an asshole, but who would want a sticker of someone else’s truck or name?

Last edited:
Well because I'm just awesome. ?

It's branding and I'm trying out different things.

Maybe I'll be like Versace or I'll even take Kate Spade if it sells. ?

Come to think about it.. Toyota is a person, Honda, Yamaha, Ford , Dodge...

A man can only dream when people use their stickers ??

Happy Friday!
So do you sell stuff other than the stickers? Just confused what you are branding so trying to understand a little better.

I just started with merchandising and stickers require the least initial cost.

I made some "Taco Supreme" magnets that are getting popular.

The branding verbage was more of a joke but I'll admit I may not be the most humorous guy in the world.

The other sticker says "TRD BRO" which im sure you know is a joke not originated by me.

I'm testing out different things to see what works. Overall goal is to have fun with things, help fund things for better production and cover costs of giveaways I'm trying to line up.

I hope it clarifies things for you. ?

Thanks

So do you sell stuff other than the stickers? Just confused what you are branding so trying to understand a little better.

The branding verbage was more of a joke but I'll admit I may not be the most humorous guy in the world.

The other sticker says "TRD BRO" which im sure you know is a joke not originated by me.

I'm testing out different things to see what works. Overall goal is to have fun with things, help fund things for better production and cover costs of giveaways I'm trying to line up.

Thanks
Ah, gochya. I'm not a big sticker guy but wish you the best of luck.

Thanks
I think "Taco Supreme" is a copyright violation of Taco Bell.

Edit: I'm not saying that to be funny or anything, but I actually think it is if you're selling it.

Last edited:
Thank you sir!

Ah, gochya. I'm not a big sticker guy but wish you the best of luck.

I'm pretty sure it's not copyright infringement being that it's just verbage not a copy of their logo or similarity of it.

Edit: I'm not saying that to be funny or anything, but I actually think it is if you're selling it.

It sure is :(

https://trademarks.justia.com/search?q=taco+supreme

I believe you're good though because you're not using the phrase in relation to a similar type of product.

"A trademark does not mean, however, that no one else can use your word, phrase, or symbol in connection with any and all goods and services. It means only that somebody else can't use a similar trademark with similar goods or services. The key criterion: trademark infringement occurs when someone else's use of a trademark would likely cause confusion about the source of goods or services. Avon, for example, has trademarked "Let's talk" for a variety of commercial uses, including door-to-door retail merchandising. But that hasn't stopped another company from trademarking "Let's talk" for use with voice-activated computer software, because consumers are unlikely to get confused and believe that Avon is pitching software, or that a software company is hawking lipsticks."
source: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...2/can_you_trademark_the_phrase_lets_roll.html

Cool. I won't be selling food tacos like ever. ?

It sure is :(

https://trademarks.justia.com/search?q=taco+supreme

I believe you're good though because you're not using the phrase in relation to a similar type of product.

"A trademark does not mean, however, that no one else can use your word, phrase, or symbol in connection with any and all goods and services. It means only that somebody else can't use a similar trademark with similar goods or services. The key criterion: trademark infringement occurs when someone else's use of a trademark would likely cause confusion about the source of goods or services. Avon, for example, has trademarked "Let's talk" for a variety of commercial uses, including door-to-door retail merchandising. But that hasn't stopped another company from trademarking "Let's talk" for use with voice-activated computer software, because consumers are unlikely to get confused and believe that Avon is pitching software, or that a software company is hawking lipsticks."
source: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...2/can_you_trademark_the_phrase_lets_roll.html

Back