• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What grease do you use in your UCA's?

TOTAL CHAOS

chaosfab.com
Authorized Vendor
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
At TOTAL CHAOS, we recommend super lube but a few installation shops have reported success with red bearing grease.
What grease do you use in your UCA's?

HOW TO: Greasing UCA Bushings

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

Super Lube everytime!

Shit! How often should we be putting grease in there?

Oh, and I’ve been spraying WD-40 PTFE dirt and dust dry lube on the uniball joint. Is that good or bad?

Oh, and I’ve been spraying WD-40 PTFE dirt and dust dry lube on the uniball joint. Is that good or bad?
That's fine but the bushing on uca should get lubed every so often I give everything a check over every 2000km(1200miles)

That's fine but the bushing on uca should get lubed every so often I give everything a check over every 2000km(1200miles)

When you check it over, what are you looking for? I’ve got close to 9k miles on mine and haven’t splooged any grease in there yet. My assumption is if they start to make noise, then they should be greased?

When you check it over, what are you looking for? I’ve got close to 9k miles on mine and haven’t splooged any grease in there yet. My assumption is if they start to make noise, then they should be greased?
If you start hearing squeaking noise then they need grease for shure , I just do a quick run around my truck I work in a shop have the tools , end of a day bring it in take 10 mins check tire preassure (one tire is always behind the rest) check torque on my wheels , blow the uniball out a quick squirt of pfte lube maybe grease the uca joint, blow off the guck and grime from my threads on the coilover(try and keep it clean so it can adjust easy), check my rear diff as I did have the leaking diff issue (had them warranty they changed gasket or somthing) but I keep a regular eye on it , and a quick check of my ubolts , possible a tire rotation every so often

IMG_8314.jpg

Here is an option that customers use with great success!

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

Last edited:

It really varies between applications. Sometimes, customers grease ever 5k miles when changing their oil. Other times, we have customers go 25-30k miles between greasing. It depends how hard you're running the truck and how often you're in the dirt

Back