• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What Engine Air Filter Are You Running?

Will the TRD reusable filter fit any model. Have a 2018 limited. ( I know, should have bought the TRD...) also if anyone has a link to limited specific mods for the grill lights would appreciate it.

Upvote 0
After doing some research on getting a better air intake systems and filters?…. Most mention tiny, tiny gains, a slightly better sounds, Nicer looking engine bay…because it is different than stock, (TRD air intake) looks very nice!
We all want to make our Tacomas perform better, to also make it look better, and to be different…
MODS….never ending…
Should you invest in these aftermarket air intakes and filters? I think it is a personal choice!

I had use the K&N filters before, , I notice my engine breathe slightly better, able to reuse and clean as needed, never needed to buy another filter, Could also be. “Placebo” effect too .. lol
1986 4x4 Dodge Ram , 318 , had a K&N filter system..also added to my 1999 Ford Ranger…

My present truck? A 2019 TRD LB, Stock air filter…. I like the looks and sound of the TRD system, ( prefer w/ a paper air filter) … maybe when there is extra money to throw away…
$400 plus…. Might be better to spent on other MODS? Like Wet Okole’ seat covers?
Aloha,

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I've installed K&N's on all my vehicles, but saw very little (basically no) gains in my modern taco. The engine is computer designed to adjust intake, and so the gains aren't really realized, as it was already optimally "breathed."

Now, adding premium gas over the past 3 months has seen an increase in both mpg (3mpg) along with a little extra acceleration. Maybe the combination of filter and premium gas had some effect?

Upvote 0
Back