• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What do you guys think of the new Jeep Gladiator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Curious as to what you guys think as it’s pretty much the biggest competitor to the Taco now. I know we’re all biased here, but just as a truck, what do you think of it? I think the towing is impressive but the rear bumper seems to hang over a surprising amount considering the Jeep is usually good about approach angles. Personally, I like Jeeps as much as Tacos (@Paige has a JKU) so I’m pretty stoked on the Gladiator.

https://www.jeep.com/gladiator.html
946FAF8F-C085-4E95-AF07-175FB3031121.jpeg

I’m not sure if I like or not like. When I first saw it I was like WTF, but it’s starting to grow on me a bit. It looks so damn boxy.

Curious as to what you guys think as it’s pretty much the biggest competitor to the Taco now. I know we’re all biased here, but just as a truck, what do you think of it? I think the towing is impressive but the rear bumper seems to hang over a surprising amount considering the Jeep is usually good about approach angles. Personally, I like Jeeps as much as Tacos (@Paige has a JKU) so I’m pretty stoked on the Gladiator.

https://www.jeep.com/gladiator.html
946FAF8F-C085-4E95-AF07-175FB3031121.jpeg
I’ve see pictures but I’d have to see it in person ?

I’m not sure if I like or not like. When I first saw it I was like WTF, but it’s starting to grow on me a bit. It looks so damn boxy.
I think it’s ugly and not ugly at the same time. I guess I’m confused but I think it will grow.

The fact that there isn't a gap between the back door and the rear wheel well makes it look odd.

It's going to sell being the only convertible truck out there.

It's cool on paper and I'm sure it will work out well for jeep. The aftermarket support will be amazing as the rest of the wranglers. I just couldnt spend money that I actually worked for on a Chrysler.

It's cool on paper and I'm sure it will work out well for jeep. The aftermarket support will be amazing as the rest of the wranglers. I just couldnt spend money that I actually worked for on a Chrysler.

+1

I dig it. If this had come out when I was buying, I would have seriously consider it.

i mean i appreciate their attempt. I think as a general travel rig done up as an Overlander it would be great. but typical jeep style, I think it missed the mark. It has a very long wheel base. I do think it looks nice, but i dont think i would ever get one.

check out the safety rating being a "1 star" , utube it as well for the safety rating of the new wrangler as well, awefull...

Chrysler. Nuf said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back