What do you guys think of the new Jeep Gladiator?

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Curious as to what you guys think as it’s pretty much the biggest competitor to the Taco now. I know we’re all biased here, but just as a truck, what do you think of it? I think the towing is impressive but the rear bumper seems to hang over a surprising amount considering the Jeep is usually good about approach angles. Personally, I like Jeeps as much as Tacos (Paige has a JKU) so I’m pretty stoked on the Gladiator.

https://www.jeep.com/gladiator.html
946FAF8F-C085-4E95-AF07-175FB3031121.jpeg

H3llRid3r

= V • Platinum
T3G Member
I’m not sure if I like or not like. When I first saw it I was like WTF, but it’s starting to grow on me a bit. It looks so damn boxy.

Jesse Rizo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jesse
T3G Member
#1,068
Curious as to what you guys think as it’s pretty much the biggest competitor to the Taco now. I know we’re all biased here, but just as a truck, what do you think of it? I think the towing is impressive but the rear bumper seems to hang over a surprising amount considering the Jeep is usually good about approach angles. Personally, I like Jeeps as much as Tacos (Paige has a JKU) so I’m pretty stoked on the Gladiator.

https://www.jeep.com/gladiator.html
946FAF8F-C085-4E95-AF07-175FB3031121.jpeg
I’ve see pictures but I’d have to see it in person ?

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I’m not sure if I like or not like. When I first saw it I was like WTF, but it’s starting to grow on me a bit. It looks so damn boxy.
I think it’s ugly and not ugly at the same time. I guess I’m confused but I think it will grow.

Iowa Taco

= IV • Gold
First Name
Zach
T3G Member
The fact that there isn't a gap between the back door and the rear wheel well makes it look odd.

Lord Humongous

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jimmy
T3G Member
It's cool on paper and I'm sure it will work out well for jeep. The aftermarket support will be amazing as the rest of the wranglers. I just couldnt spend money that I actually worked for on a Chrysler.

Malcolm

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
Military
Navy
T3G Member
i mean i appreciate their attempt. I think as a general travel rig done up as an Overlander it would be great. but typical jeep style, I think it missed the mark. It has a very long wheel base. I do think it looks nice, but i dont think i would ever get one.

paulp

= II • Bronze
First Name
reeltime
T3G Member
#1,536
check out the safety rating being a "1 star" , utube it as well for the safety rating of the new wrangler as well, awefull...

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
lol