• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

Tacoma3G is a beginner-friendly 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma (2016-2023 model-years) forum. We are a community of people who are focused on good information and good vibes. T3G is the passion-project of a USMC/Toyota technician.

What did you name your Tacoma?

Canuckia

4️⃣ Gold
Do you name your vehicles?

As mentioned in my build post, I had a friend asking what I had named my new to me Taco, which I have not done yet. Her and her girls always name their cars. I had never named my vehicles before, but they talked me into naming my last two vehicles. I named my Xterra "Groot", although the teenage girls wanted something different.

I originally wanted a Voodoo Blue Tacoma but only could find a Barcelona Red, then I discovered it was assembled in Toyota’s Mexican plant and finally when I received my plates they ended with a “666”. So I called her, “pequeño diablo”
C9840DF4-02A4-4830-AEA1-D48D6C8D5D4D.webp

I kind of like Rocket for my current truck, but I've always found it weird deciding on a nickname or coming up with one without it coming about naturally like most nicknames do. So it kind of doesn't it.
I didn't name my 2016 blazing blue pearl truck till after I parted with it, and then I just fondly referred to it as old blue when comparing it to the new black.

We don’t have an official name but we use a few terms like this:

“the taco”
Example: “Do you want to take the Taco today?”

“shitbox”
Example: “I think you left it in the shitbox.”

“piece of shit” (my favorite)
Example: “Go start the piece of shit so it can warm up.”

Back