• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What did you name your Tacoma?

Canuckia

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
Website
www.canuckia.ca
2017 TRD OR AC Auto
White
Do you name your vehicles?

As mentioned in my build post, I had a friend asking what I had named my new to me Taco, which I have not done yet. Her and her girls always name their cars. I had never named my vehicles before, but they talked me into naming my last two vehicles. I named my Xterra "Groot", although the teenage girls wanted something different.

I originally wanted a Voodoo Blue Tacoma but only could find a Barcelona Red, then I discovered it was assembled in Toyota’s Mexican plant and finally when I received my plates they ended with a “666”. So I called her, “pequeño diablo”
C9840DF4-02A4-4830-AEA1-D48D6C8D5D4D.jpeg

I originally wanted a Voodoo Blue Tacoma but only could find a Barcelona Red, then I discovered it was assembled in Toyota’s Mexican plant and finally when I received my plates they ended with a “666”. So I called her, “pequeño diablo”
C9840DF4-02A4-4830-AEA1-D48D6C8D5D4D.jpeg
Funny story, the last 3 of my VIN is 666 :eek:

My buddies little boy named my truck Bluey. Apparently there's a cartoon character named Bluey. Who knew? Not me, we don't have kids.

But on a real note, I haven't given it much thought.

"Taco Belle".
I just named mine, "Belle".... vanity plates on the way. Not everyone'll get it, and if they don't, they'll probably wonder why that broad, fat, furry man is driving a truck with "Belle" on the plates..... and I am good with that. 😀

I just named mine, "Belle".... vanity plates on the way. Not everyone'll get it, and if they don't, they'll probably wonder why that broad, fat, furry man is driving a truck with "Belle" on the plates..... and I am good with that. 😀
That "that broad, fat, furry man" is confident of his masculinity: That's what those who are in the know will think. :cool:

When I 1st bought my Taco I still had my 3/4 ton. My wife would always say "let's take the baby truck" So that just kind of stuck. Now I don't have the Chevy 2500 anymore doesn't feel very tough calling it baby truck lol

I kind of like Rocket for my current truck, but I've always found it weird deciding on a nickname or coming up with one without it coming about naturally like most nicknames do. So it kind of doesn't it.
I didn't name my 2016 blazing blue pearl truck till after I parted with it, and then I just fondly referred to it as old blue when comparing it to the new black.

We don’t have an official name but we use a few terms like this:

“the taco”
Example: “Do you want to take the Taco today?”

“shitbox”
Example: “I think you left it in the shitbox.”

“piece of shit” (my favorite)
Example: “Go start the piece of shit so it can warm up.”

Back