• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What air compressor do you recommend? On-Board portable?

I run the ARB dual high output and a powertank. Powertank is the primary as it fills tires much faster than any air compressor but the arb is a very solid backup if I drain the powertank

I run a smitty built portable cheap and works sure it's not fast but it does the job for a budget

Viair 800 works great and I can move it from the FJ or Taco.

I run a cheap portable one. I don’t even remember the brand, I gotta check. Its always got the job done but it’s slow as hell. I’d like to upgrade to something on-board but I don’t know how much of a priority that sound be.

ARB in a case works great!

D606B85D-2306-4B94-8A16-2E9ACA6F4791.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey whatever
I run a cheap portable one. I don’t even remember the brand, I gotta check. Its always got the job done but it’s slow as hell. I’d like to upgrade to something on-board but I don’t know how much of a priority that sound be.
gets the job done though right ?

We have the bigger portable Viar (whatever the 100% duty cycle one is, 450P?) to move around rigs at the shop, and I have a single screw ARB onboard on my truck. Either is fine with me honestly. If I was airing up tires every weekend I'd probably go with the twin ARB either permanently mounted or in their portable kit.

We have the bigger portable Viar (whatever the 100% duty cycle one is, 450P?) to move around rigs at the shop, and I have a single screw ARB onboard on my truck. Either is fine with me honestly. If I was airing up tires every weekend I'd probably go with the twin ARB either permanently mounted or in their portable kit.
I think for that I agree but I’d want it onboard arb if it was for a every weekend type of thing ? , side note one of my good buds just got a power tank and dang those things are quick lol not sure if you’ve seen those

I think for that I agree but I’d want it onboard arb if it was for a every weekend type of thing ? , side note one of my good buds just got a power tank and dang those things are quick lol not sure if you’ve seen those
Yeah we ran one of the originals back in the day. They work awesome, but having it filled is a PITA.

I currently have a Viair 400p which gets the job done. I’d like to do the expedition essentials bedside mount eventually and maybe a dual ARB. But that’s not a priority since the Viair is good for the time being.

I currently have a Viair 400p which gets the job done. I’d like to do the expedition essentials bedside mount eventually and maybe a dual ARB. But that’s not a priority since the Viair is good for the time being.
I agree that’s like a down the road type upgrade

I would even consider modifying the Expedition Essentials to fit my Viair in the meantime. I do like the ability of having it in one place in the bed.
Screenshot_20171016-204409.jpg

Back