What air compressor do you recommend? On-Board portable?

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
I run a cheap portable one. I don’t even remember the brand, I gotta check. Its always got the job done but it’s slow as hell. I’d like to upgrade to something on-board but I don’t know how much of a priority that sound be.

Bnv

= II • Bronze
First Name
Bruce
T3G Member
#1,907
ARB in a case works great!

D606B85D-2306-4B94-8A16-2E9ACA6F4791.jpeg

Last edited:

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Malcolm has a new setup coming in.

Jesse Rizo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jesse
T3G Member
#1,068
Hey whatever
I run a cheap portable one. I don’t even remember the brand, I gotta check. Its always got the job done but it’s slow as hell. I’d like to upgrade to something on-board but I don’t know how much of a priority that sound be.
gets the job done though right ?

Victory4x4

victory4x4.com
Authorized Vendor
First Name
Daryl
T3G Member
#1,346
We have the bigger portable Viar (whatever the 100% duty cycle one is, 450P?) to move around rigs at the shop, and I have a single screw ARB onboard on my truck. Either is fine with me honestly. If I was airing up tires every weekend I'd probably go with the twin ARB either permanently mounted or in their portable kit.

Jesse Rizo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jesse
T3G Member
#1,068
We have the bigger portable Viar (whatever the 100% duty cycle one is, 450P?) to move around rigs at the shop, and I have a single screw ARB onboard on my truck. Either is fine with me honestly. If I was airing up tires every weekend I'd probably go with the twin ARB either permanently mounted or in their portable kit.
I think for that I agree but I’d want it onboard arb if it was for a every weekend type of thing ? , side note one of my good buds just got a power tank and dang those things are quick lol not sure if you’ve seen those

Victory4x4

victory4x4.com
Authorized Vendor
First Name
Daryl
T3G Member
#1,346
I think for that I agree but I’d want it onboard arb if it was for a every weekend type of thing ? , side note one of my good buds just got a power tank and dang those things are quick lol not sure if you’ve seen those
Yeah we ran one of the originals back in the day. They work awesome, but having it filled is a PITA.

cocodataco

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jeff
T3G Member
#1,015
I currently have a Viair 400p which gets the job done. I’d like to do the expedition essentials bedside mount eventually and maybe a dual ARB. But that’s not a priority since the Viair is good for the time being.

Jesse Rizo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jesse
T3G Member
#1,068
I currently have a Viair 400p which gets the job done. I’d like to do the expedition essentials bedside mount eventually and maybe a dual ARB. But that’s not a priority since the Viair is good for the time being.
I agree that’s like a down the road type upgrade

cocodataco

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jeff
T3G Member
#1,015
I would even consider modifying the Expedition Essentials to fit my Viair in the meantime. I do like the ability of having it in one place in the bed.
Screenshot_20171016-204409.jpg

Malcolm

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Top Bottom