• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wet Headliner

Skibum801

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
It was raining pretty hard today in SLC, Utah. Didn't really think much about it, then started to clear up a little later in the day today. Took my team out for lunch, lucky enough one of them was in the back seat. He just grabs my shoulder and very seriously says "Dude, your truck is leaking...". I couldn't believe it until we stopped and I could feel it. The entire back end of the headliner was soaked. Once we got back to the office I jumped online and found a couple threads of similar issues. Turns out there is a TSB for the third brake light housing. They replaced that and said it should be good to go. Only time will tell, but my worry now is with how wet it was, should I be concerned about mold in the headliner? Should I have asked them to replace that as well as the new brake light housing?

I'd assume that if you do have issues with mold then asking for the headliner to be replaced would not be a stretch. It's a health issue at that point caused by a failed gasket.

Upvote 0
Yeah they replaced the housing per the TSB, I'll just have to keep an eye out for mold. No idea how long its been leaking. Just glad it was caught.

Upvote 0
Had this happen to me last year. Took it to the service manager showed him the water stain on the headliner ,he said its the 3rd one he has had and they said it was the brake light housing. Replaced headliner and light. YES MAKE THEM REPLACE THE HEADLINER!

Upvote 0
All has been well so far. Just had about 2 and half feet of snow drop here in Utah, so still in the wet a bit. Continuing to monitor it until we get into some warmer weather.

Upvote 0
Back