• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wescott Designs FOX TRD pro lift kit

HighVoltage3g

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Wondering if any of yall have any experience with the Wescott Designs lift kit for the stock trd pro suspension?

This is for Factory Fox TRD PRO, available for a 4Runner, Tacoma, or Tundra. This is not a spacer lift. This kit does not change the geometry of the factory suspension. This kit will not limit your factory travel or extend the travel pass factory.

This kit provides the following lifts:

• 4Runner: 1.5” (front lift) and 1.25” (rear lift)
  • Tacoma: 1.5” (front lift) and 1” (rear lift)
  • Tundra: 1.5” (front lift) and 1” (rear lift)
https://westcottdesigns.net/product/fox-trd-pro-lift-kit/

Wondering if any of yall have any experience with the Wescott Designs lift kit for the stock trd pro suspension?

This is for Factory Fox TRD PRO, available for a 4Runner, Tacoma, or Tundra. This is not a spacer lift. This kit does not change the geometry of the factory suspension. This kit will not limit your factory travel or extend the travel pass factory.

This kit provides the following lifts:

• 4Runner: 1.5” (front lift) and 1.25” (rear lift)
  • Tacoma: 1.5” (front lift) and 1” (rear lift)
  • Tundra: 1.5” (front lift) and 1” (rear lift)
Fox TRD PRO Lift Kit - Westcott Designs
Have you looked any further into this kit?

Seems a little fishy. Looks like it increases the pre-load of your spring.
I'd stay away. Save another grand and buy an entry level icon, old man emu, or bilstein lift.

Seems a little fishy. Looks like it increases the pre-load of your spring.
I'd stay away. Save another grand and buy an entry level icon, old man emu, or bilstein lift.
Agreed. Save the money and buy something else. Sell the pro suspension and you’ll likely break even.

Its literally just a simple spacer lift up sold as something special for the Fox Pro setup and sold for 3.5x what a spacer lift normally costs.

Aside from that, it's a spacer lift. The Fox setup is a very nice suspension. Either keep it as is, or upgrade to something better. Putting that spacer lift on the Fox setup is a waste and adds all the negatives of any other spacer lift.

I love to read stuff when people talk about products they don’t know much about. Just to be clear here! Switching to a icon coil over is the same Principal as our kit. We just don’t make it adjustable. It does the exact same thing as a coil over does by putting preload on the spring and in return adding lift to the truck. So a coil over must be a spacer lift! Feel free to reach out if any of the people on this forum don’t understand how things work. I will try and explain how things work with my last 20 years of working for Toyota. Thank you for reading.

I love to read stuff when people talk about products they don’t know much about. Just to be clear here! Switching to a icon coil over is the same Principal as our kit. We just don’t make it adjustable. It does the exact same thing as a coil over does by putting preload on the spring and in return adding lift to the truck. So a coil over must be a spacer lift! Feel free to reach out if any of the people on this forum don’t understand how things work. I will try and explain how things work with my last 20 years of working for Toyota. Thank you for reading.

First off, maybe educate us instead of that rude response...were all here to learn and educate others.

How is the rear not a spacer lift with the leaf springs?, and how is the ".5 strut shim" in the front not a spacer lift? Genuine questions, not trying to be snarky. I understand your point that it wont change the geometry of the suspension im not arguing that.

First off, maybe educate us instead of that rude response...were all here to learn and educate others.

How is the rear not a spacer lift with the leaf springs?, and how is the ".5 strut shim" in the front not a spacer lift? Genuine questions, not trying to be snarky. I understand your point that it wont change the geometry of the suspension im not arguing that.
Sorry I get defensive because I put a lot of time into designing this product back in 2015 when working for Toyota. I have since carried into the Fox line up and all the mainstream SR5 and TRD off-road and sport models. We sell them to over a hundred Toyota dealers around the country. This is not a spacer lift that you here all the horror stories about. This kit is no joke or gimmick! Here is a link to one of our YouTube videos how it works and what it looks like.
Original link: https://youtu.be/cGeMoSCbpSw

Back