• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Weird sounds on my 16 sport

Kris255

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2016 Sport AC Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
Hey Everyone

I've had my taco for a few months now and it seems to make a weird bumping sound and lurches when I stop it doesn't happen all the time... it almost seems like the trans slips and catches when I stop..
Has anyone else had the same experience? is that normal?

Its a 16 TRD sport access cab long bed completely stock

I've also noticed the engine pulses when I turn the wheel when going slow like when I back in or out of a parking spot. it makes the whole truck jump like i hit the gas too hard even though my foot isn't on the gas.

any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

Hey Everyone

I've had my taco for a few months now and it seems to make a weird bumping sound and lurches when I stop it doesn't happen all the time... it almost seems like the trans slips and catches when I stop..
Has anyone else had the same experience? is that normal?

Its a 16 TRD sport access cab long bed completely stock

I've also noticed the engine pulses when I turn the wheel when going slow like when I back in or out of a parking spot. it makes the whole truck jump like i hit the gas too hard even though my foot isn't on the gas.

any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Manual or automatic?

Upvote 0
Back