• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Waterport 3.3 install

Sbr7

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
A good friend gifted me the 3.3 gallon waterport. While I was trying to put it in a place which had easier accessability than inside the rail, I figured out how to 'hinge' down one of my Victory 4x4 side rack supports and turned it into an overland "shelf." This has worked out great, and I even use it for a small step when I pack up the RTT. Looking to do the same on the other side. I'm just not the kind to roll around with an axe or shovel, so this worked out well for my application. It doesn't sit out far at all, and the 3.3 fits nicely along the truck bed.

Attachments

• waterport 2.jpg
    waterport 2.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 154
  • waterport 3.jpg
    waterport 3.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 163
  • waterport 4.jpg
    waterport 4.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 154
  • waterport1.jpg
    waterport1.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 162
A good friend gifted me the 3.3 gallon waterport. While I was trying to put it in a place which had easier accessability than inside the rail, I figured out how to 'hinge' down one of my Victory 4x4 side rack supports and turned it into an overland "shelf." This has worked out great, and I even use it for a small step when I pack up the RTT. Looking to do the same on the other side. I'm just not the kind to roll around with an axe or shovel, so this worked out well for my application. It doesn't sit out far at all, and the 3.3 fits nicely along the truck bed.
Awesome idea!

Tucks in pretty nice! I need to figure out if I want one of these or make my own for the trips I plan on going on (if I get to is another questions lol)

Back