• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Water behind top console

TacoTamer

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR AC Auto
Magnetic Gray
Is anyone else getting condensation leaking from the overhead console? We’ve had -20, -30 weather for the last couple weeks
This is on a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off road Access cab
E7E6CD07-E8C6-4A54-83B5-59D2A666F7F9.jpeg
E7E6CD07-E8C6-4A54-83B5-59D2A666F7F9.jpeg

Shit I'd say sunroof drain tubes frozen bit it doesn't look like you have those

Upvote 0
What does the headliner look like inside? Any rack or anything on roof? I’ve ever seen the inside of an access cab. That is a strange spot for water to leak

Upvote 0
Have you removed the top center console yet?

Upvote 0
Not yet, I just noticed this on my drive home from work, kinda an iffy time to try to remove paneling as it’s cold as balls out and don’t wanna snap any plastic

Upvote 0
Not yet, I just noticed this on my drive home from work, kinda an iffy time to try to remove paneling as it’s cold as balls out and don’t wanna snap any plastic
I hear yea always good to side on caution I dont think it will snap but I would advise to you to get it off as soon as you can to see behind , or even better take it to a dealer and get them to do. Off the top of my head I say you COULD have a windshield leak , or a third brake light leak which COULD possibly be building up condensation everytime you crank up the heat

Upvote 0
Back