• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

WarRig build and BS - Caution, we do things most dont like and use foul language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at this time. We haven't found anything where ifs is deciding factor. Maybe once that's the case. Until then just beefing up front. It's on coilovers, just need a good steering setup.

Fair enough. Still cool to get a new setup around.

Did some test cycling tonight with the new upper link and the track bar tacked in. I took the frame side bracket and welded it to a much larger plate that I will be welding to the frame. While the joints see a direct load, the bracket will try and twist and turn and pull. So to help fight cracking and fatigue, i added some extra width to the bracket. 6" wide, instead of just 2".
At 2.5" past full bump I still have just a tiny bit of clearance between panhard and diff. none of the links bind anywhere, I have no ujoint bind at all, and with the side I have frame side mount, it will pull the pinion and shaft away from fuel tank in travel arc instead of toward it. Small movement, but with how tight things are it is a good thing to see.
Up next is mounting the shocks and cycling, then full assembly and burn on the rest of the parts. should work out well and have parts and mounts integrated together to save space and really stiffen up the rear frame. Hoping, possibly, to have it on its own weight this weekend. Maybe.

This is further than full droop will be, still no bind anywhere. Makes me happy with clearances and pinion.
test1.jpg

Have to brace that upper pretty well still. Lack of separation will put a lot of stress on it.
test2.jpg

This is a few inches past bump. Biggest thing here was looking for clearance with mid cross member. Also checking pinion angle through travel. Look at that booger on the upper link gusset. Yuck. I should be better than that.

test3.jpg

Droop again. You can tell the axle had shifted over a bit (single tack didnt hold under the movement axle side.)
test4.jpg

Stuff other side. Still clear body mount and hardware. This is where I realized I didnt remove all the leaf spring mount, and it hitting the link it what pulled the axle over and pulled track bar apart. Oops.

test5.jpg

Last edited:
mmmmm all those naked welds

I wasn't being sarcastic or anything, I think most the welds look great! Better than anything I've ever done :) Looks awesome and this is a really cool setup you're working on. Good stuff

I wasn't being sarcastic or anything, I think most the welds look great! Better than anything I've ever done :) Looks awesome and this is a really cool setup you're working on. Good stuff
Oh I figured. Just seeing the pics of everything up it was a big "doh!" moment.

Just stumbled upon this! So cool! Is there any update on the project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back