• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Vinyl hood cover

Biohazard

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Pro DCSB Auto
White
Drove 15 hours in the last three days. Pretty bad glare for about 4 hours around noon every day from my hood. Want to do a matte black hood vinyl that covers all but the recessed lateral edges of the hood. Any ideas?

will also need to remove the current stock trdpro hood decal. Any ideas other than a heat gun, razor blade, and patience?

Your truck being relatively new shouldn’t be too bad with getting the OEM decal off using only a heat gun. I would avoid using a razor blade at all costs. Plastic razor blade if you must, but accept it will still cause sopaint damage.

I’ve used the 3M vinyl for that. You can get it on Amazon for cheap already cut down for you.

Mines worked good. Had it done at a vinyl shop though

3056B8E8-CE1F-4C43-90E5-32B70D1B9D27.jpeg

welp, just ordered some vinyl. Will let you guys know how it goes :)

3M vinyl and knifeless tape. I am about to do the same thing to my hood.

There is a guy on the other site that I am banned from that used to sell pre-cut pieces, but it was expensive.

I did the hood, roof and mirrors. it think it was 350 for all of it
That seems pretty reasonable. I think I'll look into that too.

The kind that doesn't help people. I'm a university dean and professor.
Cool. You’re helping people. Probably have deeper and longer lasting impact on folks and subsequent generations than us MD’s. My patients all die eventually ;)

That looks great, what did they charge you?
I put this on myself a few years back. I think supdec.com has similar offerings, but I didn't get mine from them. It was very easy with the wet application method. Cuts down on the silver paint glare significantly.
IMG-0772.JPG
IMG-0774.JPG

damn you for posting that site.......now I might buy something. lol

T3G has caused me to spend way more than I ever thought on cool new things I see each day. Now the hard part is finding balance and not going crazy on overdoing it with parts and things...

Back