Vinyl hood cover

• 🤙Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum!
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Biohazard

T3G Level: Gold
T3G Supporter
First Name
Nathan
T3G Member
#6,304
Drove 15 hours in the last three days. Pretty bad glare for about 4 hours around noon every day from my hood. Want to do a matte black hood vinyl that covers all but the recessed lateral edges of the hood. Any ideas?

will also need to remove the current stock trdpro hood decal. Any ideas other than a heat gun, razor blade, and patience?

XxMagpulxX

T3G Level: Gold
T3G Supporter
First Name
Keith
T3G Member
#5,041
There is a guy on the other site that I am banned from that used to sell pre-cut pieces, but it was expensive.

Doc's Rig

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Doc
T3G Member
#5,924
I installed mine a few years back. The process was simple. It does a good job of removing glare.

Rig 11 (2).jpg

RevN3

T3G Level: Platinum
RotM Winner
T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#1,323

RevN3

T3G Level: Platinum
RotM Winner
T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#1,323
I did the hood, roof and mirrors. it think it was 350 for all of it
That seems pretty reasonable. I think I'll look into that too.

Doc's Rig

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Doc
T3G Member
#5,924

Sbr7

T3G Level: Silver
T3G Supporter
Military
Army
T3G Member
#4,264
That looks great, what did they charge you?
I put this on myself a few years back. I think supdec.com has similar offerings, but I didn't get mine from them. It was very easy with the wet application method. Cuts down on the silver paint glare significantly.
IMG-0772.JPG
IMG-0774.JPG

Sbr7

T3G Level: Silver
T3G Supporter
Military
Army
T3G Member
#4,264
T3G has caused me to spend way more than I ever thought on cool new things I see each day. Now the hard part is finding balance and not going crazy on overdoing it with parts and things...

Jay

T3G Level: Onyx
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Cool. You’re helping people. Probably have deeper and longer lasting impact on folks and subsequent generations than us MD’s. My patients all die eventually ;)
Do you have a scoop?

Jay

T3G Level: Onyx
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member
Top Bottom