• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Version 2.0 of our Tacoma bed rack is now available in multiple heights!

Victory4x4

victory4x4.com
Authorized Vendor
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.victory4x4.com
2021 Pro DCSB Auto
Super White
We've had customers ask for this for a while, and here it is. Our Tacoma bed racks for the 2nd and 3rd gen are now available in a 10" mid-height and 18" full height option
clear.png

We've also added more adjustability, more holes to mount stuff, and some top bars add even MORE mounting options for RTT's and adventure gear.

Currently prototyping out additional mounts for bikes, kayaks, tread boards, hi-lift jacks, etc, but for now, you can order the new base rack here: https://www.victory4x4.com/product/VMSBR.html

Use the code "IntroPricing" to save 15% for a VERY limited time
clear.png

VMSBR-FULL_5.jpg
VMSBR-FULL_1.jpg
VMSBR-HALF_4.jpg

FAQ
Does it work with bed covers?
Any cover where the structure or the cover itself extends more than 3/16" or so over the tops of the bed rails isn't going to work. We've had good luck running the Access Roll-Up covers in both the vanish and the original. You will need to trim the bottom of the mounting rails of the cover where they go over the rack mounts inside and add some extra gasket material for a good seal. Rolling it up is possible with both heights, but it's really a PITA on the shorter rack, so take this into account. A quick video about this coming soon.

How much weight does it handle?
It's stronger than the bed of the truck, but unfortunately, we don't have an official load rating on these kinds of force on that. We've ran this design loaded down with an RTT, hi-lift, shovel, axle, and mountain bikes on trails all over the country without issues. We do recommend running our bed stiffeners with this setup for additional strength: https://www.victory4x4.com/product/VT23-BST-PC.html

What do I do about the blocked high mount stop lamp?
There are holes on this rack to accept an aftermarket led brake light on the rear of the rack.

Love it? Order now at: https://www.victory4x4.com/product/VMSBR.html

I have several of their products and find them to be well made and high quality. I am encouraging them to make MORE stuff.
1) Optional side cross members for the bed rack to hang MORE stuff
2) Optional top woven mesh for the bed rack so I can hang more stuff there too.
3) Rear diff skid plate
4) Hitch delete cross member for use with their rear bumper. (I have a RAM 2000 which hauls a 36 foot two car hauler)
5) Lower control arm skid plates

RTE

I'm actually looking into getting the mid height rack system! Just got the strike sliders and loved em, question though , if I purchase this rack do I need to buy a 3rd company bike rack ?(thule etc.)to place on the side or do u guys sell your own setup? For a mtb

Currently working on bike specific mounts that will accommodate cheaper fork mounts (Rocky Mounts, etc...)

Actually testing the final revision on a trip as we speak. Should be on the site next week after we get home from Overland Expo (y)

Attachments

• IMG_20190515_103654_338.jpg
    IMG_20190515_103654_338.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 147
I have several of their products and find them to be well made and high quality. I am encouraging them to make MORE stuff.
1) Optional side cross members for the bed rack to hang MORE stuff
2) Optional top woven mesh for the bed rack so I can hang more stuff there too.
3) Rear diff skid plate
4) Hitch delete cross member for use with their rear bumper. (I have a RAM 2000 which hauls a 36 foot two car hauler)
5) Lower control arm skid plates

RTE
Good suggestions! Diff skid and LCA skids are in the testing stages now and have been working fantastic! Should be up on the site next week as well. I'll pass the rest of your list on ?

I lied, looks like they are on the site already. I know there will be one small change before they start shipping, but it will only add strength and not effect functionality.

I lied, looks like they are on the site already. I know there will be one small change before they start shipping, but it will only add strength and not effect functionality.

Nice! So there additional mounts right? There not included with the rack I'm sure. Also quick question which rack did u find best the half or full.? In your opinion.

Nice! So there additional mounts right? There not included with the rack I'm sure. Also quick question which rack did u find best the half or full.? In your opinion.
They are additional, yes.
I like the full for added room under the rack for a basket, but the half for less wind resistance on the highway (tent sits lower.) Sorry that doesn't answer your question on a definite best choice :p

sorry to bug but where did you purchase the front fork mount?. i see that it doesnt come with the bike rack system brackets. i already purchased the rack ! looking forward to mounting it.

sorry to bug but where did you purchase the front fork mount?. i see that it doesnt come with the bike rack system brackets. i already purchased the rack ! looking forward to mounting it.
My local bike shop. They are from Rocky Mounts, this one:

Back