• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Performance URD Pipes

I installed URD's full exhaust with the power extractor pipes on my 2020 Tacoma. It was pretty easy. Nearly every joint leaked even though the clamps were tightened until the threads ran out. Had to disassemble, stretch the pipes and cement. Zero leaks after that.

Strongly recommend you get an exhaust pipe expander AND use exhaust cement, you can rent them from autozone, etc. Stretch the ends of the pipes if they're tight, all of mine were. Wipe the pipes with acetone and then smear on some exhaust cement, $5 tube from autozone. It dry's REALLY fast, like in a minute so be quick. Use latex gloves also.

What don't I like?
Mine has a flowmaster muffler with a 2.75in inlet and outlet. Deep resonating drone, I'll probably change it out for something that's not so loud.

I installed URD's full exhaust with the power extractor pipes on my 2020 Tacoma. It was pretty easy. Nearly every joint leaked even though the clamps were tightened until the threads ran out. Had to disassemble, stretch the pipes and cement. Zero leaks after that.

Strongly recommend you get an exhaust pipe expander AND use exhaust cement, you can rent them from autozone, etc. Stretch the ends of the pipes if they're tight, all of mine were. Wipe the pipes with acetone and then smear on some exhaust cement, $5 tube from autozone. It dry's REALLY fast, like in a minute so be quick. Use latex gloves also.

What don't I like?
Mine has a flowmaster muffler with a 2.75in inlet and outlet. Deep resonating drone, I'll probably change it out for something that's not so loud.
Thanks for the words of wisdom! I wonder why there was so much leakage? I don't know of anyone else who has the URD setup...do you know if anyone else had those same issues? Also, do you have any videos that shows how they sound? I was really curious about this, I watched several YouTube videos but you can't really get a good feel for it unless it's in person. I currently have an MBRP muffler on it with roughly the same dimensions. As far as performance, did you notice an increase in HP & torque, or is it something you'll only really see an increase on a dyno type of mod (other than the sound)?

These are on 'things I'm going to buy eventually for the truck' list. Sucks to hear about the fitment issues though. Maybe I'll just go with the AFE's lol.

These are on 'things I'm going to buy eventually for the truck' list. Sucks to hear about the fitment issues though. Maybe I'll just go with the AFE's lol.
I’ll let you know if I have the same issues this weekend. I’m hoping @flat_tire’s fitment issues were just a one off and that’s not the case for all applications, if so that would be a huge bummer.

Back