• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

UCA Squeak

Gstavy1

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Looking for a temporary solution until I pull the trigger on some total chaos UCA's. Whether it be going over a bump slow or driving straight on the road I'm getting a lot squeaking from the front suspension area, most likely it's my UCA's. Is this something that I just need to retorque them down or it's just time for replacement.

Looking for a temporary solution until I pull the trigger on some total chaos UCA's. Whether it be going over a bump slow or driving straight on the road I'm getting a lot squeaking from the front suspension area, most likely it's my UCA's. Is this something that I just need to retorque them down or it's just time for replacement.
Are you running factory UCA ?
Are you sure it's no leaf squeak(have to ask)
Can you also check the front body to frame mount ?( it's a known issue that causes squeaks

Are you running factory UCA ?
Are you sure it's no leaf squeak(have to ask)
Can you also check the front body to frame mount ?( it's a known issue that causes squeaks
Running factory UCA with icon coilovers, noise definitely coming from that area. Pushed on the trim around the wheel well to move UCA up and down and got the noise I’ve been hearing.

Running factory UCA with icon coilovers, noise definitely coming from that area. Pushed on the trim around the wheel well to move UCA up and down and got the noise I’ve been hearing.
Thrn not much you can do , except perhaps loosen UCA mount and see if there may be preload tension on them

I had super bad squeaking issues in my driver front, I have TC UCA's and thought it was that...regreased the poly bushings and the uniball and the squeak didnt go away. Turns out it was the joint on my oem LCA connecting to the spindle carrier making squeaks, as well as the steering rack bushings also making squeeks, I soaked both in grease for a while and havent had squeaks since!

Id go around and check all of the steering and front suspension components! :)

Were you able to stop the squeak yet?

Back