• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TSS recall

JamesR913

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Cement
Just dropped my truck off for the 5k service and they told me there is a recall on the TSS. Would have been nice to get some sort of correspondence regarding this from Toyota.

Yeah, I just found out while getting my 15k service done. I only wonder if they will deny mine due to the pro grille. They didn’t seem like they would but who knows.

Apparently it’s reprogramming it and adding sealant to an area, from what I was told. Couldn’t have it done as they didn’t have the specific sealant on hand.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I just found out while getting my 15k service done. I only wonder if they will deny mine due to the pro grille. They didn’t seem like they would but who knows.

Apparently it’s reprogramming it and adding sealant to an area, from what I was told. Couldn’t have it done as they didn’t have the specific sealant on hand.

Ugh, fuck that's no good...that means I'll actually have to buy the damn garnish cause they'd hate to see how I have mine rigged up right now even though it works like a charm.

Upvote 0
I just received something in the mail yesterday from Toyota for this recall. Will be bringing it in soon.

Just picked up truck, they did the recall and made no mention of the pro grille or the fact that I don't have the garnish.

Good to know as this was the first thing that came to mind when I received the letter.

Upvote 0
I got the same notice too. What bothers me is the local dealership won’t provide a loaner vehicle and want the truck for “half the day” to perform warranty work. Just for fun I called in to corporate to try and get a refund on a rental (I am full time on the road for work). Doubtful I’ll get anything but I’m not ok paying close to $40k for a truck and then be out of pocket a days work or rental fees for a safety related issue they messed up.

Upvote 0
I dropped my truck off at 8 and got the call at around 930 that they were done and it was ready to pick up

Upvote 0
I dropped my truck off at 8 and got the call at around 930 that they were done and it was ready to pick up

That’s speedy. Dealer told me around an hour as well if they aren’t swamped, so I was hoping to not be down a truck all day.

Upvote 0
I got the same notice too. What bothers me is the local dealership won’t provide a loaner vehicle and want the truck for “half the day” to perform warranty work. Just for fun I called in to corporate to try and get a refund on a rental (I am full time on the road for work). Doubtful I’ll get anything but I’m not ok paying close to $40k for a truck and then be out of pocket a days work or rental fees for a safety related issue they messed up.

I feel ya, my dealership where I live is roughly 30-40ish miles from my office... pita to setup a rental and all that if it does take half a day.

I don’t want to make too big of a stink though, I swapped for the pro grille. I’d imagine they could deny it for that lol

Upvote 0
I feel ya, my dealership where I live is roughly 30-40ish miles from my office... pita to setup a rental and all that if it does take half a day.

I don’t want to make too big of a stink though, I swapped for the pro grille. I’d imagine they could deny it for that lol
I just heard back and because it’s a “service recall” and not a “safety recall” they don’t provide a loaner car. Basically I can wait to get it done until I need another service it sounded like. Also, there shouldn’t be an issue with a pro grill. I meantioned that to them and they say they are seeing that on most of the Tacoma’s that come in haha.

Upvote 0
I just heard back and because it’s a “service recall” and not a “safety recall” they don’t provide a loaner car. Basically I can wait to get it done until I need another service it sounded like. Also, there shouldn’t be an issue with a pro grill. I meantioned that to them and they say they are seeing that on most of the Tacoma’s that come in haha.

Good to know, I believe someone else said they didn’t have an issue, but my luck with customer service/ satisfaction is far from good.

Upvote 0
I’m taking mine in this Saturday. I have an aftermarket grille from custom grills that mounts the sensor like a pro grille. We’ll see what they say

Upvote 0
Back