• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TRD Pro Grill back light

Would you buy one if the price was right?

• Yes $150-$200

• Yes $125-$150

• Yes $100-$125

• Yes only under $100

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DrWeld

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hello everyone.
I have been messing around with a project for some time now. I know a lot of us like lights on our trucks, some more than others. I love the TRD Pro grill and never had a second thought of switching to a after market one. However, I do like the look of the back light behind the letters on some. So I set out to come up with something that owners of the Pro grills could install to get the same look. It definitely has been a process.
Right now I have a working prototype that's simple to install and achieves the look I set out for. I'm using color changing LEDS so you can pick a color you like. It also has a strobe, fade, and flashing color changing effects. So when you’re out on a night run you’ll definitely be able to stand out. Whatever you enjoy.
I would like to see if there is a market for this or not. If you're interested in one just PM me and we can look into getting a batch together.
PM me if you have any questions.
IMG_5403.jpg
IMG_5550.JPG
IMG_5585.JPG
IMG_5747.png
IMG_5748.png
IMG_5749.png
IMG_5750.png
IMG_5751.png
IMG_5752.png

Last edited:
Glad to see you posted up. I'm interested. (y)

I indicated no however, I would consider and be interested in strictly the word Toyota being backlit, not so much a whole wall per say behind it.

I'd be interesed

Thanks man. I’ll keep you posted

I indicated no however, I would consider and be interested in strictly the word Toyota being backlit, not so much a whole wall per say behind it.

That would require modifications of the grill. My idea is to keep it simple so anyone can just add this to there truck. But thank you for the input.

Thanks man. I’ll keep you posted

That would require modifications of the grill. My idea is to keep it simple so anyone can just add this to there truck. But thank you for the input.
Wasn't sure if it was possible to rig up some sort of LED string lights, that's what I was thinking. I've got them on the back of my desk for computer.

What would be the easiest way of cleaning this product? And is the last picture and amber color?? Intrested to see how that would look .

What would be the easiest way of cleaning this product? And is the last picture and amber color?? Intrested to see how that would look .
To clean it all I do is just pressure wash it down. If it’s real bad a brush will help remove anything like bugs and stuff. Unfortunately the pictures just don’t do it justice. I believe that on is red. I don’t make them with different color lights. It’s a color changing light to where you can pick whatever color you want it to stay on.
I must have
I’m working on making them. I’ll keep you in mind for sure

To clean it all I do is just pressure wash it down. If it’s real bad a brush will help remove anything like bugs and stuff. Unfortunately the pictures just don’t do it justice. I believe that on is red. I don’t make them with different color lights. It’s a color changing light to where you can pick whatever color you want it to stay on.

I’m working on making them. I’ll keep you in mind for sure
:love:thanks you @DrWeld

It looks like you did a really good job on these. Have you decided you are definitely gonna be doing them?

Back