• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Traction Board Mounting Options?

knightacoma

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Have some traction boards getting delivered tomorrow. Curious what everyone is using to mount them to the truck, specifically on a Prinsu rack.

I know Maxtrax has a $50 set but I'm not sure they're much better than just bolting them on.

Have some traction boards getting delivered tomorrow. Curious what everyone is using to mount them to the truck, specifically on a Prinsu rack.

I know Maxtrax has a $50 set but I'm not sure they're much better than just bolting them on.

Ours were just bolted on. We found some T-head bolts that were long enough to go through the boards. I drilled two extra holes and used two of the factory placed holes for a total of 4 mounting bolts. I then used some butterfly nuts to just twist them secured. The butterfly nuts are low enough in the tread of the boards that you can't see them easily, so decently secure from a visual deterrent standpoint.

Last edited:
Mine are just bolted on too.

I used some end nuts that have plastic grip on them to secure.

Ours were just bolted on. We found some T-head bolts that were long enough to go through the boards. I drilled two extra holes and used two of the factory placed holes for a total of 4 mounting bolts. I then used some butterfly nuts to just twist them secured. The butterfly nuts are low enough in the tread of the boards that you can't see them easily, so decently secure from a visual deterrent standpoint.
Mine are just bolted on too.

I used some end nuts that have plastic grip on them to secure.
Cool thanks guys. I figured not everyone was buying mounting pins for them. Bolts and a fly nut seems like a pretty easy solution.

I’ve had my traction boards for 2 years at least and still haven’t mounted them 😅. I think I’m going to wait till I get a roof rack and mount them up there. I like things out of the way as much as possible and don’t really want a bunch of stuff mounted in the bed either

I’ve had my traction boards for 2 years at least and still haven’t mounted them 😅. I think I’m going to wait till I get a roof rack and mount them up there. I like things out of the way as much as possible and don’t really want a bunch of stuff mounted in the bed either
Yeah mine will be going on the Prinsu rack. No plans to get any type of bed rack system so they would just be thrown in the bed if I didn't have the roof rack lol

I used the maxtrax mounting pin set on a set of RCI brackets, mounted to an RCI bedrack. Install was easy and they do have the ability to lock them with a very small lock, but I dont trust it so I put a pistol cable lock on it and just leave the key inside the glove-box if needed.

Back