• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

West Toyota Tacoma Instrument Screen Protector 16-18

Adeel72

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hi Tacoma team,

i noticed that alot of these 3rd gen Toyota Tacomas instrument clusters have been mysteriously have been getting scratched/scuffed.

i have created a solution!!

after purchasing a 2018 toyota tacoma Trd Off Road, i have created a screen protector for the instrument cluster.

FREE SHIPPING ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES

works on models :
  • SR - 4X4 ,4X2 LB,SB ACCESS CAB, DOUBLE CAB
  • SR5 - 4X4 ,4X2 LB,SB ACCESS CAB, DOUBLE CAB
  • TRD SPORT - 4X4 ,4X2 LB,SB ACCESS CAB, DOUBLE CAB
  • TRD OFF ROAD - 4X4 ,4X2 LB,SB ACCESS CAB, DOUBLE CAB
  • LIMITED -4X4 ,4X2 LB,SB ACCESS CAB, DOUBLE CAB
  • TRD PRO - 4X4,SB DOUBLE CAB

super simple to install, comes with instructions.

check out the link, let me know what yall think...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Tac...reen+protector&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

Attachments

• dash 2.jpg
    dash 2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 266
  • dash 3.jpg
    dash 3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 225
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 238
Excellent idea for a product! How do you install it if the truck isn't brand new? Do you have a recommended method of cleaning the cluster without scratching it? What about ones that are already scratched, will this help hide the scratches or make them more obvious?

• Package contents :
  • 1 protector that will adhere to instrument cluster
  • 1 microfiber cloth 2 dust spot removers
  • 1 Nikon all scratch free wet wipe
  • 1 instructions guide
  • For the best effect, we strongly suggest you to install the screen protector in a dust free and quiet environment*. Please read and follow the installation guide easy to apply scratch resistant- fortifying a layer of protection keeping your instrument cluster scratch free for life of the vehicle outstanding optical clarity HD display 9H durability offers superb viewing experience easy to remove, no sticky residue remains after removing the protector

its a case by case thing, if your cluster is already scratched up, make the call on either getting a brand new cluster or applying this item. this protector is just like a screen protector for an Iphone. etc.

I ordered a new cluster screen. will install the two together

Hi Tacoma team,

i noticed that alot of these 3rd gen Toyota Tacomas instrument clusters have been mysteriously have been getting scratched/scuffed.

i have created a solution!!

after purchasing a 2018 toyota tacoma Trd Off Road, i have created a screen protector for the instrument cluster.

FREE SHIPPING ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES

works on models :
  • SR - 4X4 ,4X2 LB,SB ACCESS CAB, DOUBLE CAB
  • SR5 - 4X4 ,4X2 LB,SB ACCESS CAB, DOUBLE CAB
  • TRD SPORT - 4X4 ,4X2 LB,SB ACCESS CAB, DOUBLE CAB
  • TRD OFF ROAD - 4X4 ,4X2 LB,SB ACCESS CAB, DOUBLE CAB
  • LIMITED -4X4 ,4X2 LB,SB ACCESS CAB, DOUBLE CAB
  • TRD PRO - 4X4,SB DOUBLE CAB

super simple to install, comes with instructions.

check out the link, let me know what yall think...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Tacoma-Instrument-Screen-Protector-2016-2017-2018/173459545313?hash=item2862fe9ce1:g:9EIAAOSwSwNbT-Sl&_sacat=0&_nkw=toyota+tacomascreen+protector&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0
Screen protector still available? Price?

The eBay link is no longer working, do you still have the screen protectors for sale? I am interested, thank you

The eBay link is no longer working, do you still have the screen protectors for sale? I am interested, thank you
In case you are still looking for the best automotive screen protection in the industry, Screen ProTech has you covered!
Use code T3G15 for 15% off!

I hope no one bought this. Just another marketing thing. Someone bought them for $5 off Wish/AliExpress and flipping them at a premium. OP is the hard PET plastic.

Definitely go with the ProTech:
In case you are still looking for the best automotive screen protection in the industry, Screen ProTech has you covered!
Use code T3G15 for 15% off!

Don't even have to get a fresh cluster. Thought about going that route myself. I had scratches on mine just from wiping it lightly with a microfiber cloth. The ProTech hid them all. You can just pull on the cluster trim and remove the gauge cluster. It's easy. Now you can wipe it like normal. I'm fanboying.

I hope no one bought this. Just another marketing thing. Someone bought them for $5 off Wish/AliExpress and flipping them at a premium. OP is the hard PET plastic.

Definitely go with the ProTech:

Don't even have to get a fresh cluster. Thought about going that route myself. I had scratches on mine just from wiping it lightly with a microfiber cloth. The ProTech hid them all. You can just pull on the cluster trim and remove the gauge cluster. It's easy. Now you can wipe it like normal. I'm fanboying.
We appreciate all of our fanboys and couldn't agree with you more! Screen ProTech is like MAGIC! People don't believe it until they see it!
We also have pillar protection if you haven't seen that already! Will keep those pillars looking amazing and cover any existing scratches/damage!

ordered and included the extra set, thank you!

We appreciate all of our fanboys and couldn't agree with you more! Screen ProTech is like MAGIC! People don't believe it until they see it!
We also have pillar protection if you haven't seen that already! Will keep those pillars looking amazing and cover any existing scratches/damage!
I may be confused what the pillar protection is for. Is it exterior or interior?

I may be confused what the pillar protection is for. Is it exterior or interior?
The pillars they refer to is the ones between the front and back windows,.... most are black in color and show branch scratches pretty well.
I will say that "film" covering/protectant like that and "auto butler" that you find on mirrors and areas behind wheels will over time actually hold dirt/oils under them that you cannot wash off (because the dirt gets under the film).

1693339405403.png

The pillars they refer to is the ones between the front and back windows,.... most are black in color and show branch scratches pretty well.
I will say that "film" covering/protectant like that and "auto butler" that you find on mirrors and areas behind wheels will over time actually hold dirt/oils under them that you cannot wash off (because the dirt gets under the film).

1693339405403.png
thank you!

if I am understanding you correctly, this may not be a good idea to buy?

thank you!

if I am understanding you correctly, this may not be a good idea to buy?
It's give and take,
I have it on my mirrors on the fenders & body behind the tires they even put a huge piece on the hood.
All factory installed; it will protect the paint.

BUT the very edges can get oil/dirt under the film over time.
No big deal really the stuff does help the paint even from rocks................... here is my drivers rear fender body "protectant film"
This is factory stuff...... shows on white more of course.

But it works so it stays................

1694715706609.png
1694715612525.png

It's give and take,
I have it on my mirrors on the fenders & body behind the tires they even put a huge piece on the hood.
All factory installed; it will protect the paint.

BUT the very edges can get oil/dirt under the film over time.
No big deal really the stuff does help the paint even from rocks................... here is my drivers rear fender body "protectant film"
This is factory stuff...... shows on white more of course.

But it works so it stays................

1694715706609.png
1694715612525.png
working with their customer service to see if they have it available for access cab specifically

sent them this photo(my Supra in the reflection)
1694875598288.png

Back