• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TOTAL CHAOS Long Travel *Discussion Thread*

TOTAL CHAOS

chaosfab.com
Authorized Vendor
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
We wanted to create a Long Travel Discussion Thread!

This is a place to discuss ANYTHING Total Chaos Long Travel!
Post questions, pictures, feedback, tips/tricks, etc. We are happy to help

info@chaosfab.com

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

687474703a2f2f7777772e6368616f736661622e636f6d2f696d616765732f6c6f676f732f74632d6f72616e67652d...png

2016-2018 TACOMA Long Travel Systems

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT - TOTAL CHAOS +3.5" Race Series Long Travel

TOTAL CHAOS +3.5" Race Series Long Travel

LIFT: 3-4"
TRAVEL: 13"
TIRE: 33" or 285
TRACK WIDTH INCREASE: 7"

MORE INFO

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

86000-R-16_kit.jpg

• 100% chromoly constructed Race System offers maximum ground clearance and weighs 10 pounds less than the standard TC +3.5" LT kit.
  • 3.5" extended 4130 chromoly tubular upper arms bolt to factory control arm mounting locations.
  • Upper and lower ball joints are replaced with 1" uniballs for maximum wheel travel and component strength. TOTAL CHAOS includes 1" I.D. uniballs that feature a heat treated stainless steel ball & heat treated stainless steel race for maximum corrosion resistance and component longevity. These uniball's also features a military grade PTFE woven fabric liner that helps prevent noise.
  • 4130 chromoly boxed and internally gusseted 3.5" extended lower control arms bolt to factory control arm mounting locations and are pre tabbed for dual shock capability.
  • Lower control arms feature an integrated uniball cup that provides 2.5" additional ground clearance when compared to the standard mild steel +3.5" LT kit.
  • Lower arms are 5 pounds lighter each side than the standard +3.5" LT kit.
  • 2.5" long travel specific coil over shocks bolt into the factory coil bucket location. Extended travel shocks are too short and will not work.
  • A secondary external bypass shock can be installed to increase dampening and tune-ability.
  • Spring rate options offer the ability to customize your ride for your specific application allowing you to custom tune the vehicle for specific terrain or desired performance.
  • Adjustable limit strap clevis' are included so that you can properly limit the suspensions droop wheel travel and make necessary adjustments during the life of the limit strap.
  • DOT approved stainless steel braided brake lines, TC custom 17-4 stainless hi-misalignment spacers and grade 8 mounting hardware is included.
  • TC 4340 custom extended axles reuse factory inner and outer CV's to retain 4wd.
  • (axles are sold separately and not included with the kit)
  • 2 stage powder coat process includes a durable clear coat to provide a long lasting finish.
  • Hand crafted in the U.S.A.
  • Fiberglass fenders are required on Tacoma.
  • *If FOX Shox will be used, an "F" must be added to the LT kit part number, i.e. 86000-R-F

If only I could afford LT

Keith Welding 86002-R Lower.jpg

TOTAL CHAOS suspension systems & accessories are 100% Made in the USA and handcrafted by our fantastic team in Corona, CA. TC’s experienced fabricators work very hard to provide top performing products that are built to last and also look great. The best companies in the industry provide components like bushings, uniballs, and hardware (all 100% Made in the USA). Each component is hand-picked and tested over thousands of miles to give you maximum performance and durability.

CLICK HERE to learn more about TOTAL CHAOS products and to check out our current offerings for your ride!

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

Eric @elunatic Welding 96504 UCA.jpg

Here is a sweet video featuring @hudson_hall_ sharing a few details on his 4Runner build. Check out that TOTAL CHAOS Race Series Long Travel!

Video:

Hudson was part of GFC's Go Fast Dirt Camp and had the opportunity to put our gear to the test over 1k dirt miles. Nice to see a bunch of Toyotas out Causin' CHAOS!
One question, How do we get invited to the next Go Fast Dirt Camp?

Video:

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

I've got a dumb question, what's the difference between a long travel kit and say... a setup that includes the following?

Old Man Emu said:
- Two (2) Old Man Emu Coil Spring (P/N: 2886)
- Two (2) Front Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sport Struts (P/N: 90000)
- Two (2) Rear Old Man Emu Leaf Springs (P/N: EL095R)
- Two (2) Rear Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sport Shocks (P/N: 60091)

I've got a dumb question, what's the difference between a long travel kit and say... a setup that includes the following?

The setup you mentioned replaces the factory shocks, leaf springs, and coil overs, but maintains the factory Upper Control Arm and Lower Control Arm. This won't increase your track width or wheel travel, but you will see some lift and a slight performance increase over the factory setup.

A Long Travel System uses longer Upper Control Arms, Lower Control Arms, and Longer Shocks which gives you a wider stance and increased wheel travel. Other components are also extended like the tie rods and axle shafts (if you need to maintain 4WD). A LT system gives you a significant performance increase while keeping the center of gravity low.

86002T-R-16_kit.jpg

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

The setup you mentioned replaces the factory shocks, leaf springs, and coil overs, but maintains the factory Upper Control Arm and Lower Control Arm. This won't increase your track width or wheel travel, but you will see some lift and a slight performance increase over the factory setup.

A Long Travel System uses longer Upper Control Arms, Lower Control Arms, and Longer Shocks which gives you a wider stance and increased wheel travel. Other components are also extended like the tie rods and axle shafts (if you need to maintain 4WD). A LT system gives you a significant performance increase while keeping the center of gravity low.

86002T-R-16_kit.jpg

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

Thank you for that, so essentially instead of purchasing just UCA from y'all I should purchase your Long Travel Kit? I'd love the wider stance but I'm not sure if I need increased wheel travel as right now I do not anticipate doing any crazy off roading, especially (with all due respect) to the price.

Thank you for that, so essentially instead of purchasing just UCA from y'all I should purchase your Long Travel Kit? I'd love the wider stance but I'm not sure if I need increased wheel travel as right now I do not anticipate doing any crazy off roading, especially (with all due respect) to the price.

If you're mostly looking for the wider stance and increased performance but can't spend the money on LT, I'd recommend a set of UCA's, a different coil over shock, and different wheels with a change in backspacing to push the wheel out. You can use wheel spacers instead.

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

If you're mostly looking for the wider stance and increased performance but can't spend the money on LT, I'd recommend a set of UCA's, a different coil over shock, and different wheels with a change in backspacing to push the wheel out. You can use wheel spacers instead.

Thanks! I will likely go the wheel spacer route after I get the solid lift parts like UCA (from Total Chaos of course) and a kit.

[IMG]

The difference is in the details

At TC we are committed to customer service.
Designed for performance. Built to last.

We put extra effort into every process when we build our parts for you. ⁣
Learn more at www.chaosfab.com

⁣#MadeintheUSA :eek:ldglory:

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

That there is a sexy photoshoot. When you're done with those in the photos just send them my way, thanks. ;)

Long Travel T4R Photobombed!

[IMG]

Post up some shots of your ride. Comment below If you have any questions on our suspension systems

Could you use an 18x10 rim on the TC +3.5 long travel kit for the 1st gen tacomas?

Could you use an 18x10 rim on the TC +3.5 long travel kit for the 1st gen tacomas?

The preferred wheel is a 15x7 with 3.75" of backspacing. We haven't tried an 18x10 in our experience. What backspacing does the wheel have?

The 18x10 wheel I have been looking at has 4.56" of backspacing.

The 18x10 wheel I have been looking at has 4.56" of backspacing.

So that wheel SHOULD work in theory but you will need to double check all your clearances as it still could come in contact with a secondary shock if you are running that.

Back