• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

TOTAL CHAOS - 2016+ Toyota Tacoma Upper Control Arm (UCA)

@TOTAL CHAOS

So I did the OME (Old Man Emu) (886 OME'S HEAVY FRONT COIL) on my 2019 last weekend on stock UCA's. After an alignment, Clearly the front end looks narrow in addition to some funny handling characteristics.

I've read here and on your site that additional caster is built into your UCA (upper control arms) WILL THAT WIDEN MY FRONT END ?

@TOTAL CHAOS

So I did the OME (Old Man Emu) (886 OME'S HEAVY FRONT COIL) on my 2019 last weekend on stock UCA's. After an alignment, Clearly the front end looks narrow in addition to some funny handling characteristics.

I've read here and on your site that additional caster is built into your UCA (upper control arms) WILL THAT WIDEN MY FRONT END ?
Do you know how high your lift is? And do you see a big angle on your CV axles? Lifting IFS, as opposed to the solid axle in the rear, will pull the tires under the truck a bit, depending on how high you go.

@TOTAL CHAOS

No our UCA's will not widen the front end.

Order a set of Upper Control Arms for your 16+ Tacoma today!
https://www.chaosfab.com/2016+Tacoma-Upper-Control-Arm-Kit-96504.html

[IMG]

Starting at $794.14

Out of curiosity on your UCA’s what do you typically get caster setting wise? Usually have my shop set them full forward and they get between 3.7 and 4. But now I was recommended a new place having had issues and they said they could only get 3 on caster. About a 3” lift

I just came here to say I LOVE MY TOTAL CHAOS!

for starters, I had the wonderful pleasure of going to pick up my order in person Feb of 2020. Originally I had just gotten the UCA kit for my baby. After meeting the staff and chatting it up I decided to go all out and got the weld on spindle gussets as well as the weld on alignment tabs. I could not be happier. I have put my truck through its paces it sees a lot of dirt, snow, rocks, sand you name it. I also have a lot and I mean A LOT of weight in the front with my ARB summit bumper, Dual batteries, air compressor and winch. Total chaos has proven its self again and again with 0 issues and 0 squeaks to date. Not only no issues but before going with Total chaos I felt like I would need an alignment after every off-road adventure along with constantly breaking alignment tabs while trying to get out of sticky situations now these are problems of the past.

Total Chaos replaced my Camburg UCAs. The reasoning was I had Ko2s on my stock rims and the Camburgs were ok minus after about a year I couldn't fix the squeak but I thought this was just a uniball thing so I moved past it. Then I changed my wheel set up to Ray 10s 17x9 -38 wrapped in Km2 285/75/17. This is where the Camburgs failed. I had all of the rubbing even with a 3" lift heavy CMC and pinch weld slam. So I cut more. Still rubbing. Tried to fix it with the alignment and no luck even at the most extreme settings. At this point after many hours of research figured out that Camburgs were the issue because of the shape and the tire position their alignment zone is. Shortly after my world was changed with TC and I have never looked back.

TL; DR - Total Chaos's quality is unmatched. Along with a great design wonderful staff and a product that has stood the test of abuse this is for sure the option to go with. 10/10 would recommend.

Back