• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Thoughts on Awnings?

only negative to an awning is it kinda sticks out to the side of your truck if youre wheeling tight trails but always good to have shade and protection from the rain! I don't have one atm but I'll probably just got the middle size cvt one

i love awnings i cant wait to get one ones i fgure my rack out , those are massive , super nice , i am personally simple and would go with what ever is effectively easier to setup / require the last amount of effort :sneaky:id be lazy like that , any electric awnings ? hahah

Ive got both a 4' ARB and a Rhino Batwing Awning mounted to the taco...love them both! The smaller 4' awning is almost useless, but the batwing 270 awning is amazing, gives really nice protection against the elements while your using the tailgate etc.

I have a Roam awning. I like it.
If I were to do it again, I’d get their 6ft awning and the aide walls.
Or the ARB equivalent.

orrr get a solid 270° awning.

here is a crappy picture of mine set up in the dark
963CDFFF-523F-4C45-B171-6A595A47EBEA.jpeg

Do you think that would be quick to deploy?

I guess quick is relative. I figure 5-10 minutes once I get a feel for it though. That's fine for my purposes.

Back