• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

The Hammocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Anyone else here hammock camp? I started a couple of years ago with a Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater, a regular tarp and a sleeping bag. I graduated to a Hammeck Netty, KAQ New River under quilt and KAQ Owahee top quilt and a cheap rain fly. Now I am running this set up:

1525271369908.png

Hammock: Dutchware Chameleon 11'
Under Quilt: Arrowhead Equipment New River
Top Quilt: Arrowhead Equipment White Cloud
Tarp: UGQ Penny Pincher 12'

This weekend I am camping with my scout troop at the NH Jamboree, and refuse to sleep on the ground, so I made this:

1525271524390.png

This stand is made from 6 6 foot lengths of 1-3/8" fence top rail, some L brackets, a 18" section of 1-1/2" top rail as a joiner for the top, a couple of end caps and some amsteel loops.

What are you all running?

I didn't know hammocks could get so legit. Every time I'm in one it feels like death is near.

I didn't know hammocks could get so legit. Every time I'm in one it feels like death is near.
Yeah, I'll never sleep on the ground again dude. You know how everyone spends stupid cash on RTTs? I've spent stupid cash on hammocks. Between me and my kids (who both have as good a kit as mine) I'm spent more than I should.

Yeah, I'll never sleep on the ground again dude. You know how everyone spends stupid cash on RTTs? I've spent stupid cash on hammocks. Between me and my kids (who both have as good a kit as mine) I'm spent more than I should.
You gotta find a way to have a RTH. I could see it hanging over the bed of the truck...

Reactions: Ron
I've tried sleeping in my ENO a couple of times and I can never get comfortable enough to get a good night sleep! I really wish I found it more comfortable- I would save a ton of money investing in a hammock setup vs a whole RTT haha

I've tried sleeping in my ENO a couple of times and I can never get comfortable enough to get a good night sleep! I really wish I found it more comfortable- I would save a ton of money investing in a hammock setup vs a whole RTT haha
Are you sleeping at an angle relative to the centerline? If you are not, you're "doing it wrong"
images.jpeg

When I figured this out, it was a whole different ball game

Are you sleeping at an angle relative to the centerline? If you are not, you're "doing it wrong"
images.jpeg

When I figured this out, it was a whole different ball game
oh dang no i haven't! Thanks for the tip I'll try it that way next time(y)

Benn a full time Hanger for about 3-3.5 years now. Everynight, save a few in a hotel for some job related stuff. Have a Tato stand in the living room, alternate between a Hammock Breezy, and a Dutchware netless at home. In the woods, I tend to stick to what I know. Dutchware with a Fronky net, and a HG 11 Ft Cuben Palace. Love the freedom of a hammock, especially outdoors. And, as a bonus, no more back, neck and knee pains from sleeping on a mattress.

Cheers,

B_C

Benn a full time Hanger for about 3-3.5 years now. Everynight, save a few in a hotel for some job related stuff. Have a Tato stand in the living room, alternate between a Hammock Breezy, and a Dutchware netless at home. In the woods, I tend to stick to what I know. Dutchware with a Fronky net, and a HG 11 Ft Cuben Palace. Love the freedom of a hammock, especially outdoors. And, as a bonus, no more back, neck and knee pains from sleeping on a mattress.

Cheers,

B_C
Those Tatos are so friggen nice.

They sure are. I take it with me every Jan for the Big Florida hang at Buck Lake. No need to go looking for tree's. Just back up the rig, unload, and set up.

Cheers,

B_C

Lol I need this for when my wife kicks me out from soending too much money on my build

Ron,

Any Pearls of wisdom on mounting that led light in the hood scoop. I have one setting in the mod pile, just waiting to get around to it. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

B_C

Lol I need this for when my wife kicks me out from soending too much money on my build

Hahahahah, I just happen to have a set of maples in my back yard that are the perfect distance for occasions like that:

hammock.JPG
Ron,

Any Pearls of wisdom on mounting that led light in the hood scoop. I have one setting in the mod pile, just waiting to get around to it. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

B_C

I actually got it as a kit from a guy on IG @spartanxcustoms. I found him on the FB page because I don't do IG. He had all the wiring, harnesses, screws, templates, etc in the kit. I just followed his directions. He asked not to post any pictures of the connections because they are proprietary, so I didn't take any, sorry.

This was my past weekend set up and view:

Pawtuckaway wake up view.jpg

This week's bed. We're up at Griswold Scout reserve for the week with the troop.

IMG_20180701_102042.jpg

It's very hot. Slipped the underquilt to the side and was very minimal in the hammock

You have it tied off to your bed rails? Great idea.

nice new warm 4 season under quilt
underquilt.jpg

I’m not a big hammock camper, I do like to venture out into the woods from time to time though with only what I can carry. I have a Clark jungle hammock with the rain that came with it.

1547581582341.png

1547581909053.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back