• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Taxa Cricket - Overland Edition - What are you rolling with

Ibryant20

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.ianbryantphotography.com
2019 Pro DCSB Manual
Midnight Black
I am picking up the new 2020 Taxa Cricket Overland Edition on 1/25.
https://taxaoutdoors.com/camper-trailers/cricket/

Anyone else have a Cricket? Do you like it? I spent months and months researching and came to this as my choice.

What other campers are you all rolling with??

My buddy has their Tiger Moth. It's great for his needs and the build quality is top notch.

I love those but they're above my pay grade. I bought this trailer right before Xmas and am starting the mods now:
lpCWnCh.jpg

That looks pretty rad...the price is awesome!!! Enjoy it man (y)

https://taxaoutdoors.com/camper-trailers/cricket/

Anyone else have a Cricket? Do you like it? I spent months and months researching and came to this as my choice.

This is my first time hearing of these but they look beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it behind your Taco. Congrats on the purchase.

I this company still in business, I can't seem to find their website.

No, unfortunately they closed their doors at the end of 2018. It is a shame because I think it is a really well-built all-aluminum welded frame, nice interior, etc. I removed all the graphics on mine because a.) they were a little over the top and b.) I didn't want people frustrated by trying to find a website that doesn't exist anymore. The most similar trailer in production in the Intech Flyer. I think the companies collaborated at one point in the past.

Thank you! Yeah that thing looks solid, congrats dude!

I'd like to throw in our trailer, the VORSHEER XOC. We have two Tacoma's out there in Colorado and Oregon pulling our trailer:
IMG_3929.jpg

Tacoma_Resized.jpg

The highlights of our trailer is the rigid steel frame built for off-road use and 23" of ground clearance. Our 6 x 5.5 lug pattern matches the Tacoma so our full size spare tire would work as a spare for the Tacoma as well. The XOC weighs 2600 lbs dry (170 lbs tongue weight) so well within the Tacoma's capacity. The trailer also has 12" electric drum brakes so adding a trailer brake controller would be all that's needed.

Last edited:
Cricket - TAXA Outdoors

Interested in your experiences. Ordered a Cricket Overland a few days ago and hope to pick it up in about eight weeks. Will wander around the lower 48 for a bit then drive it home to Alaska (assuming Canada will let me through). Please let me know your pros and cons and modifications you have done or would like to do.

Cal
Homer, AK

Also, yes, I will be pulling it with a '17 Tacoma Off-road. I had a Moby1 but that just didn't work out. Have since installed an in-cab brake controller and Add-A-Leaf rear spring so my headlights would not have to be adjusted. Looking forward to putting all to the test.

Taxa has Facebook Groups. Plenty of tips and hacks. Looks Great! Enjoy! My set up is a 2019 Taxa Woolly Bear.

Attachments

• 20210322_142545.jpg
    20210322_142545.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 87
Back