• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tacoma Sway Bar

NorCal3056

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
3G owners with improved suspensions. What’s the thought on removing and or disconnecting the sway bar for off road trips? Any quick disconnect kits or setups you guys are using?

I haven't had mine on for at least a couple years as well. I will say the truck did handle much better when I went from 650 to 700 in/lb springs on the coilovers.

Upvote 0
Thanks, after reading everyone’s xp I’ll be removing my sway bar soon enough. As I start seeing photos of everyone’s rigs, I’m not seeing sway bars! Soon as they arrive I’ll being installing the Icon #700 springs.

Upvote 0
3G owners with improved suspensions. What’s the thought on removing and or disconnecting the sway bar for off road trips? Any quick disconnect kits or setups you guys are using?
I ran without one for a while. I think it depends on if you'll be doing enough moderate to difficult wheeling to justify it. If you aren't, there's probably no point. And then you'll be stuck with body lean and bad handling for no payoff. High speeds on the highway when the road has a sharpish curve will probably have you go from 70+ down to 55+ to stay in your lane, lol.

Upvote 0
Back