• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tacoma Lean - Fact or Fiction

OliviousMaximus

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
I have been recently approached by a fellow taco brother and was told that he "fixed the lean."
My buddy tells me that 2g-present Tacos lean on the driver side. I've had my taco for about a year n some change and i haven't noticed it.

simply here inquiring if this is true or just another way to spend more money on the taco jajaj

it's real. no chupacabra stuff.

There is some logic in it since the fuel tank, the battery and the driver are all on that side. I haven't noticed it to any great degree on any of mine but I'm not a big guy either.

i can't assume that this is an issue that will affect the overall ride n use of the truck, right?

It's purely cosmetic.

Adding a lift sometimes accentuates the lean. Some have just a front lean and some have a rear lean or both.

There is some logic in it since the fuel tank, the battery and the driver are all on that side. I haven't noticed it to any great degree on any of mine but I'm not a big guy either.

i can't assume that this is an issue that will affect the overall ride n use of the truck, right?

Damn this forum.... before I read this thread I didn't notice any lean and now I am pretty sure I can see it.

mate, I still don't see it on mine. Yet, here i am $52 short and waiting for the spacers i bought jajajaj

Mine even leans with coilovers. I could fix it by adjusting the driver one I guess, but then I have to pull it to put it in the strut compressor, then realign the truck... not worth it. lol.

Yup. Happened with mine too after they settled.

Just do yourself a favor, never, and I mean NEVER EVER add up the receipts. :p
I did that once... once... then I spent thousands more... lol
eek.png

Oh, and the lean is real. I have my driver's side coilover cranked slightly more than the passenger's side. Perfectly level.

Last edited:
Mine even leans with coilovers. I could fix it by adjusting the driver one I guess, but then I have to pull it to put it in the strut compressor, then realign the truck... not worth it. lol.
Just learned last night that with lots of lube I can adjust my Fox's in the truck with the suspension at full droop. Who knew :ROFLMAO:

I just put the Hi-Jack lift on the right side of the bed rack and it leveled it out hahah jk .. I've heard of that as well. But really I did put it on the right side because that thing is heavy.

Back