• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wanted Tacoma Hood Swap Thread

Easy solution doe.

Also still keeping an eye out for a Cement Scooped.

I know you super short guys can't see over the scoop and you old fellers don't like the glare. Swap it to me. Might make little cards that point out why they are bad and leave them on Cement Sports in my area. Lol.
I did consider this.

Do we know how much a factory hood weighs? They seem so unnecessarily heavy. Getting one of these would open up so much free payload, lol.

I don’t see where it says how much that carbon hood weighs on their website.

Between 25-35 lbs.

This site says 24.7lbs.

Here it says 35lbs. This might include packaging.

I have a scoop hood to trade and want a NON-scoop.

Mine: 2020 Magnetic Gray Metallic, BRAND NEW from a TRD Sport
Yours: 2020 same model and color, WITHOUT scoop. Must be in new or excellent condition.

Direct Message me to arrange a swap.

I just bought this truck from dealer in South Seattle, WA (Burien). I live in Alaska and it will be shipped to me in 2 weeks. So you have 2 weeks to drive there and give them your hood to swap onto my truck. I'm in Alaska (not there), so I must pay the dealer to remove/attach my hood. You can wrench yours yourself or pay the dealer, but I won't pay for yours. After all, I am providing THE COVETED SCOOP !

Hank
Still looking for a swap?

02E3D9F1-680A-4EEA-8925-D603C7AFD0F6.jpeg

I did consider this.

Do we know how much a factory hood weighs? They seem so unnecessarily heavy. Getting one of these would open up so much free payload, lol.
I did the calcs when I installed mine saved 16 pounds if memory serves me right going from OEM to Cabon Fiber

I have a scoop hood to trade and want a NON-scoop.

Mine: 2020 Magnetic Gray Metallic, BRAND NEW from a TRD Sport
Yours: 2020 same model and color, WITHOUT scoop. Must be in new or excellent condition.

Direct Message me to arrange a swap.

I just bought this truck from dealer in South Seattle, WA (Burien). I live in Alaska and it will be shipped to me in 2 weeks. So you have 2 weeks to drive there and give them your hood to swap onto my truck. I'm in Alaska (not there), so I must pay the dealer to remove/attach my hood. You can wrench yours yourself or pay the dealer, but I won't pay for yours. After all, I am providing THE COVETED SCOOP !

Hank
Still have scooped hood for trade ?

Got a TRD sport hood (scoop hood) magnetic grey
Anyone wanna switch for non scoop hood?
Yes (I'm in OK). Magnetic grey TRD Off Road 2021, virtually flawless. I'll be in Estes park, CO early Nov.....

Attachments

• IMG_9505.jpg
    IMG_9505.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 97
Haven't heard back here from Sentryprime. Local body shop now has my scooped hood on order (CAPA), paint and carry $1175. Sure beats ReveMoto 's price, now up to $1700-1900 + (of course they ship it)

Back