• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Suspension suspension suspension

Meek114

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Okay 3G so i know there’s suspension threads out there already, but i didn’t see much as to what i was looking for, nor do i care go to into the depths of hell of TW to look at a bunch of people talk out their asses about irrelevant stuff.
Somewhere in the near future i plan on throwing a whole new suspension kit on the truck, i got a 2016 TRD OR DCSB. I’ve done some looking around, and tried to educate myself as much as possible before hopping online. (I’m new to the off-road modifications for Tacoma’s)
In hindsight, I’m looking between Fox, icon, or king,however, i have seen some sweet bilstein kits (might be less of a dent in my wallet) I’m super curious to see the total lift differences, the performance differences, maintenance differences, and everything in between. I am about 50-50 off-roading, and highway,
Would appreciate anything even if it’s just a quick opinion, also would love to see some rigs!

Attachments

• F15FC479-9265-4B20-B2D9-B1C3C0823599.jpeg
    F15FC479-9265-4B20-B2D9-B1C3C0823599.jpeg
    985.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Haven't got one yet but looking into the 5100 kit with Dakar's from headstrong, seems to be a bit more in my price range at least as of now.

Haven't got one yet but looking into the 5100 kit with Dakar's from headstrong, seems to be a bit more in my price range at least as of now.
That’s what I started with and that’s what I reccomend still. I got the heavy duty leaf springs with it.

dude hell yeah, a lot of people seem to like them so I'm stoked to get them in the near future!

whats the difference between the 5100s and the 6112 and 5160?
They’ll give you a better ride/absorb more off-road. The rear 5160s have remote resiviors as well. And I believe the 6112s are more easily adjustable. The 5100s are the stripped down basic form of all of this.

They’ll give you a better ride/absorb more off-road. The rear 5160s have remote resiviors as well. And I believe the 6112s are more easily adjustable. The 5100s are the stripped down basic form of all of this.
Exactly and the 6112 comes as a coilover when the 5100 are just a shock so u have to reuse the stock springs or get some ome springs, i been running 5100 stock springs at 2.5 inch in front and 5160 in the rear and I love it so far for the price

Im running the bilstein 6112/5160 with dakar's. I love them. I debated on it for a long time and talk to tons of people. I am extremely happy with my Bilsteins.
That’s what I’m missing I need to get a dakar leaf pack but overall love my lift price $ ? just the whole nine yards lol

Exactly and the 6112 comes as a coilover when the 5100 are just a shock so u have to reuse the stock springs or get some ome springs, i been running 5100 stock springs at 2.5 inch in front and 5160 in the rear and I love it so far for the price
True. Forgot about needing to add some springs when you order it.

yo this is awesome information I appreciate it guys, ill have to look into the 6112 and 5160 they sound interesting, how much of a price difference Is it? any particular vendors with the best kits?

yo this is awesome information I appreciate it guys, ill have to look into the 6112 and 5160 they sound interesting, how much of a price difference Is it? any particular vendors with the best kits?
The 6112 if I’m not mistaken around 600 something for the pair I believe if I Rmemeber correctly lol and the 5160 (rear) each side is around $150-200 depending where u find them I sometimes see them on amazon at a good price I believe it’s been a while since I checked so I might be wrong also the right and the left rear shocks are different part number so just be sure to get the correct ones the two front are the same part numbers I hope that helps if not ask ?

Almost everyone seems to reccomend Headstrong Off-road. That’s where I got mine from too. https://www.headstrongoffroad.com

Back