• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Suspension question?

bigbluetaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Theoretically, if you put a 6" RC/Pro comp/etc kit and add in a 2" coil over lift as the suspension, would you be at 8" total?

The coilovers are generally adjustable so at the stock setting with the spacer, it would give you the 6" of lift. But if you are putting in a coilover, you would want to get once built for the 6" lift so that you can eliminate the spacer from the kit. Some of the coilovers can be cranked up a little bit on the 6" lifts to give you 7", but I wouldn't really recommend it. All those components for the drop bracket kits are designed to work in that 6" lift range with a little give or take. at 8" I would worry about wearing out components prematurely.

thank you, i dont think i would ever do it, but i recently saw a picture of a truck with RC 6 inch lift and bilsteins cranked all the way up, looked massively tall but also useless at the same time....

Back