• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Suspension install

socal.trousas

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hey everyone. I’m gearing up to instal an icon stage 6 suspension on my 2019 trd off road. If anyone has and experience installing this kit and had tips as well as torque specs I would greatly appreciate it.

@socal.trousas, I did the Stage 3, and it wasn't too bad. The UCA bolt was a bitch. Had to do some major pinch weld bending to get that long ass bolt through into the engine compartment.

@socal.trousas, I did the Stage 3, and it wasn't too bad. The UCA bolt was a bitch. Had to do some major pinch weld bending to get that long ass bolt through into the engine compartment.

I heard a lot of people just cut that stubborn thing. Though, I wouldn't want to.. But I understand why they do it. Though it's hard to say whats better, bending the pinch or cutting the bolt. haha.

I just did mine about six months ago. Cut the bolt make sure you buy two new ones and put them through the other way. It's a Toyota approved modification. Makes the job a lot easier.

Dont forget loctite and correct torque👍🏽🤙🏽

ICON Installation instructions.

Attachments

• Icon Coilovers.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
  • ICON UCA.pdf
    537.6 KB · Views: 142
Here is the owners manual. There is a link somewhere on this forum that I downloaded it from, but can't seem to find it again. This is what actually brought me to T3G in the first place.

Attachments

• TACO Owners Manual.pdf
    10.5 MB · Views: 169
@socal.trousas,

Here it is (on the front page).

I would definitly set aside a LONG day, or at least 2 to do the install.. I did my rears, and 1 front in a day... day 2 I finnished the drivers side, and did the ECGS bushing install. of course doing this in my dirt driveway on jackstands... worth it to know how to fix or get to anything on your truck. definitly take it to an alignment shop as soon as you can. and make sure to look at instructions as camber with an UCA change can be completely different.. JBAoffroad UCA's high castor version (all newer JBA UCA"s are High castor version now) are for 3* castor angle.. make sure to tell this to your alignment shop.

Hey everyone. I’m gearing up to instal an icon stage 6 suspension on my 2019 trd off road. If anyone has and experience installing this kit and had tips as well as torque specs I would greatly appreciate it.

Listed torque specs and sizes here.

Back