• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Subwoofer box Pressure Vents

Lewisiv13

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 SR5 DCLB Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
What did y'all do about the pressure vents in the rear wall? My box would fit perfectly if they were not there.

Attachments

• IMG_4955.jpg
    IMG_4955.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 168
I remember seeing one guy take them out and cover them with sound deadening. He said it didn't effect things too much (that he noticed), but I'm not sure I'd want to try it or even recommend it personnaly.

Most boxes that I've seen either stop just under the vents, or they build it up in front of the vent so that it's behind the box (but with a slight gap so that it doesn't rub or restrict all airflow). If you build up the box to cover the vent, then you might want to add spacers to the rear seat brackets so that it moves it forward to provide more clearance.

I have a 2nd Gen but took out the vents, covered them with sheet metal and caulk. Then sound deadened over everything. I don't see any reason to have cab vents if you are going to put in subs. I want to build pressure in the cab with my subs. SPL is fun.

The only thing I've ever noticed is the doors are a bit harder to close than it was before the vents were gone. Outside of that, every car/truck I've owned was fully sealed/sound deadened and I've never had issues.

I have a 2nd Gen but took out the vents, covered them with sheet metal and caulk. Then sound deadened over everything. I don't see any reason to have cab vents if you are going to put in subs. I want to build pressure in the cab with my subs. SPL is fun.

The only thing I've ever noticed is the doors are a bit harder to close than it was before the vents were gone. Outside of that, every car/truck I've owned was fully sealed/sound deadened and I've never had issues.
200.gif

Back