Subwoofer box Pressure Vents

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Lewisiv13

= II • Bronze
First Name
Collin
Military
Army
T3G Member
What did y'all do about the pressure vents in the rear wall? My box would fit perfectly if they were not there.

Attachments

• IMG_4955.jpg
    IMG_4955.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 75

ToyoDrew

= II • Bronze
Military
Air Force
T3G Member
I remember seeing one guy take them out and cover them with sound deadening. He said it didn't effect things too much (that he noticed), but I'm not sure I'd want to try it or even recommend it personnaly.

Most boxes that I've seen either stop just under the vents, or they build it up in front of the vent so that it's behind the box (but with a slight gap so that it doesn't rub or restrict all airflow). If you build up the box to cover the vent, then you might want to add spacers to the rear seat brackets so that it moves it forward to provide more clearance.

Aw9d

= IV • Gold
First Name
Colby
T3G Member
I have a 2nd Gen but took out the vents, covered them with sheet metal and caulk. Then sound deadened over everything. I don't see any reason to have cab vents if you are going to put in subs. I want to build pressure in the cab with my subs. SPL is fun.

The only thing I've ever noticed is the doors are a bit harder to close than it was before the vents were gone. Outside of that, every car/truck I've owned was fully sealed/sound deadened and I've never had issues.

Man Of Steel TRD

= IV • Gold
First Name
Jeremy
T3G Member
I have a 2nd Gen but took out the vents, covered them with sheet metal and caulk. Then sound deadened over everything. I don't see any reason to have cab vents if you are going to put in subs. I want to build pressure in the cab with my subs. SPL is fun.

The only thing I've ever noticed is the doors are a bit harder to close than it was before the vents were gone. Outside of that, every car/truck I've owned was fully sealed/sound deadened and I've never had issues.
200.gif

Top Bottom